• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanning an original art page

21 posts in this topic

Yup. It helps greatly if you have Photoshop and know how to use it. I've gotten to the point that I can complete a page in about 3 minutes or so.

The Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB is a great 11x17 model in my opinion. I purchased mine through Amazon.com last year. I hope that helps. smile.gif

Enforcer

Thats what I have. Got mine new off of eBay for under $75 and it has worked fine since purchase. If you like to collect OA and display it on the net you NEED an 11X17 scanner. Scanning a page in 2 or 3 sections F'in blows and takes forever! ! All of the scans in my caf were done using the Mustek scanner.

Big scanners cost mucho bucks and xeroxing loses things in the translation. Pasting together several scans is easy once you learn how. The trick is to make sure that the scans are oriented exactly square and you take out the parts that are dark before you fit them together. Fiddling with the light and contrast might be necessary along with a few other easily-learned tricks. I've got pieces on my gallery that I put together from as many as six scans. Everything over 9x12 is pasted together and I dare you to find the seams.

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a used Mustek A3 EP (with the parallel port, not the USB), and the drivers will not work on XP (they will on Windows 2K though). They won't even install. Do any of you know a solution for this or somewhere I can get the parallel port drivers for XP from? Thanks! - Keith Veronese

Hey Mike-

I think I did that - but I'm going to try it again. When I did that, I was prompted that I wasn't using Windows 2000. I found some more drivers, so I'm going to try them. Thanks for the help! - Keith