• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giant-Size Issues w/Staples Poking Through Cover

8 posts in this topic

I've been collecting Giant-Size issues for a while now, there are 69 and I have quite a few of them. I've started to see quite a few that have staples that actually poke through the cover. I bought a 9.4 from Metropolis that had the point of the staple pointing up through the top left hand corner. Does anyone have any experience seeing this? Can a book be 9.4 with a staple poking through (it is a printing defect and not a wear issue).

Mark

I bet a comic could get a CGC 9.4 with a finger poking through it, assuming CGC determined the finger came from the press foreman.

It's truly 893censored-thumb.gif up man.

Let's hope the guys working at the bindery never ran out of toilet paper. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That's pretty common. Even in high grade you will see it a lot, along with pincheds spines. As JC said, it happens in the manufacturing process so CGC could go ahead and give it a 9.4.