• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA Group Shot Thread

178 posts in this topic

Here's a shot I took of some of my books I recently rebagged. One might argue there are a few early Bronze in the shot but I'd say most are SA.

Anyone care to try to make a list of all the books from memory only?

ubiex.jpg

Ubie X

Ok here's a group shot of my high grade Nick Fury's. All the books are the same grade, there's one PC book, and 2 Winnipeg's amongst them them as well, and actually there was another book that missed the cut...so much for knowing where everything is!

Admittedly there should be more, but there in lies a tale of woe. Some books due to the magic of the postal service never make it in the long transatlantic journey....e.g I should actually tell CGC that some later numbered Nicks are not around. But I suspect the books are very much ok, and someone does actually have them, just that person isn't me.

Another lesson for 'pay by credit card when you can' -thanks Heritage thumbsup2.gif

IMGP1051.jpg

Here's a shot I took of some of my books I recently rebagged. One might argue there are a few early Bronze in the shot but I'd say most are SA.

Ubie X

Comprehensively impressive!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

None of these come close to the grades of Tim's gem of a collection but this is my TOS group-shot.

As I have mentioned before. Until a few months ago I had never read one of these books makepoint.gif.

Now I read one everey night. cloud9.gif

Russ...

1352856-P1010061.JPG

1352856-P1010062.JPG

1352856-P1010063.JPG

1352856-P1010063.JPG.78a2cbdf8ae586db8a387c4b0eec253d.JPG

None of these come close to the grades of Tim's gem of a collection but this is my TOS group-shot.

I have to say his (4_my_3_kids??) collection is pretty good, actually it kicks a#se big time, but when the #1 9.9 cost him $5k, I don't think my entire run add's up to that, even with the 4 #4's...which I think he's missing?? poke2.gifflowerred.gif

Your TOS run certainly looks solid by the way, sharp collection. thumbsup2.gif

Ubie X

Comprehensively impressive!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I was going for all the #1s DC released in the 60's ... of course in my travels I stumbled upon a few Marvels too.

Ubie X

Ok here's a group shot of my high grade Nick Fury's. All the books are the same grade, there's one PC book, and 2 Winnipeg's amongst them them as well, and actually there was another book that missed the cut...so much for knowing where everything is!

Admittedly there should be more, but there in lies a tale of woe. Some books due to the magic of the postal service never make it in the long transatlantic journey....e.g I should actually tell CGC that some later numbered Nicks are not around. But I suspect the books are very much ok, and someone does actually have them, just that person isn't me.

Another lesson for 'pay by credit card when you can' -thanks Heritage thumbsup2.gif

IMGP1051.jpg

Hard to find a better series of books to own! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

As I have mentioned before. Until a few months ago I had never read one of these books makepoint.gif.

Now I read one everey night. cloud9.gif

Russ...

1352856-P1010061.JPG

1352856-P1010062.JPG

1352856-P1010063.JPG

Nice TOS. thumbsup2.gif But, what's up with the lone Tales to Astonish?

Whoops. 893whatthe.gif

That was a little stuff up on my end. I was going to do a group shot with my TTA books but decided against it for now.

Looks like I forgot to put TTA foreheadslap.gif#100 away.

Its good to see that someone is on the ball. thumbsup2.gif

My pedigree Archies (and one Tippy Teen smile.gif). The first two rows are all Curators and the top row are Western Penn.

1354487-SAGRP2.JPG

Killer grades on those books! 893whatthe.gif

My pedigree Archies (and one Tippy Teen smile.gif). The first two rows are all Curators and the top row are Western Penn.

Killer grades on those books! 893whatthe.gif

Ya have to agree, thats a serious little gathering there. Well who ever keeps track of those books now knows who's holding most of the cards!

thumbsup2.gif

selling? aren't there any lifers left?

We got tired of being perpetual renters! tongue.gif

have you decided which route to go? heritage?

The Flashes will be in Heritage`s November Signature Auction. Haven`t decided what I`m going to do with the other DC runs yet. I will keep my B&B 28 and FC 178, however, and am still debating whether or not to hold on to my Adventure 247.

Scan of the 247 please?

selling? aren't there any lifers left?

We got tired of being perpetual renters! tongue.gif

have you decided which route to go? heritage?

The Flashes will be in Heritage`s November Signature Auction. Haven`t decided what I`m going to do with the other DC runs yet. I will keep my B&B 28 and FC 178, however, and am still debating whether or not to hold on to my Adventure 247.

Scan of the 247 please?

Here you go. The Bethlehem copy.

adventure247.jpg