• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA Group Shot Thread

178 posts in this topic

Dr. Strange 169...one of the greatest covers of all time!!!!

THe 169 definiotely usher's in the new title with a bang, a very evocative cover, done in the vein of the book. I have to add, personally there's a few cover's in the run the hit the high note for me. The 173 made it to the short list for selection of the 'Greatest SA covers', something very erry in it's composition.

The 182 with Juggernaught has always grabed me, and there's a few high grade copies of that book floating around, so you guess it was appreciated beyond the fact that everyone was still ticked over Strange Tales being canned.

And you can't over look 177 with the all black cover, and the new costume for DS, a classic within the run. thumbsup2.gif

I call this one "Sail On Silver Girl". grin.gif

SilverGirl2.jpg

You really should think hard before you sell the Adventure 247.That's an irreplaceable item and the type that you may regret selling someday.Any chance at a large scan of the GL 8.I cloud9.gif THAT COMIC.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Tim you have a pretty staggering collection of high grade DC's that you just don't see very often for sale you should make out like a bandit. Will Heritage do a mini-write up and have they dubbed it the tth2 collection?

Thanks SS. Heritage hasn't said anything about wanting to do a write-up or calling it a collection of some sort, nor have I asked them for any such thing. It's really just a marketing/vanity thing, in my opinion, unless it's the collection of someone who's a real heavyweight in the hobby and therefore would have some historical significance.

Tim you have a pretty staggering collection of high grade DC's that you just don't see very often for sale you should make out like a bandit. Will Heritage do a mini-write up and have they dubbed it the tth2 collection?

Thanks SS. Heritage hasn't said anything about wanting to do a write-up or calling it a collection of some sort, nor have I asked them for any such thing. It's really just a marketing/vanity thing, in my opinion, unless it's the collection of someone who's a real heavyweight in the hobby and therefore would have some historical significance.

I dunno. You seemed to be carrying around a couple extra pounds when I saw you at SD. poke2.gif

Your copies certainly reflect well on the selectivity, quality, and taste of their owner. thumbsup2.gif

awesome Adam! seeing your scans in this thread was like the big climax of an exciting fireworks show, where after an exciting half hour display, they throw everything left up in the air!!! fantastic!

Thanks, aman!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I seem to recall a man with quite a grouping of SA comics himself!