• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine: Origins...ugh

31 posts in this topic

This just isn't all that good. Dillon's artwork does not work for Wolverine at all. And the story is random, unoriginal, and boring at that. I'll give it a few more issues to see if anything comes together, but even with it being Wolverine, I'm not sure this series will last all that long.

Covers are gorgeous though!

My thoughts after reading the latest issue: This won't make it past #20

I was going to continue getting this series since I already dropped the other ongoing, but I just can't do it. It looks like I won't be getting any Wolverine books until they cancel both of these and start over again. foreheadslap.gif

the story is ok, not great, but that's par for the course for Marvel.

I've enjoyed the covers and the interior artwork...far superior to Ramos on the other title, but if something doesn't really grab me by the end of this arc, probably drop it.

I like Wolvie, but I really don't see anything in this that warrented a seperate title. Just because they timed the memory recall badly with Civil War doesn't mean they need to give him another title so they can do the CW x-overs and the Origins stories as well.

I could not stand Dillon's art either. His Wolverine looks like the guy dressed up in the Wolverine suit at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. foreheadslap.gif

I dropped this after #2. Although I might have to get #6 just for Omega Red. The regular ongoing title, even with the current team, is still much better than W:O.

Not the best storyline I've ever read. But there was a "surprise" at the end of issue #5. SPOILER ALERT BELOW:

Wolverine has a son. 893whatthe.gif

yes...that was a bit of a surprise....don't know that it's enough for me though.

the last 3 issues could have been 2 if they'd get back to putting dialogue on every page.

ah well.

i've got a few weeks to decide.

Its hard to complain about the artwork. Dillon is Dillon. Preacher was great. I've enjoyed his Punisher stuff. He just doesn't fit this at all. .

makepoint.gif You hit it on the head, Dillion was great on Preacher.

In my opinion they should of used a Dave Finch or Jim Lee to do this title, also would of been good for Turner's first Marvel work.

I enjoy how it's unfolding and watching the discovery process, however they have spent the past 2.5 issues on the same patch of grass.

Thank you for saving me the time to write that...my thoughts exactly...talk about decompressed storyline...I love Dillon, but this book is just s l o w...slower than svndst1030...and that is saying something hi.gifflowerred.gifsorry.gif

I enjoy how it's unfolding and watching the discovery process, however they have spent the past 2.5 issues on the same patch of grass.

Thank you for saving me the time to write that...my thoughts exactly...talk about decompressed storyline...I love Dillon, but this book is just s l o w...slower than svndst1030...and that is saying something hi.gifflowerred.gifsorry.gif

893censored-thumb.gif YOU