• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Raising their Listing Fees for Stores

17 posts in this topic

How many people will shut their stores down because Ebay decided they want to raise their listing fees for sellers? I have about 3,000 books in my store, but because the listing fees for each book has about doubled I can't afford to keep it open anymore. Is there an alternate way of selling these books outside of ebay? sign-rantpost.gif

How many people will shut their stores down because Ebay decided they want to raise their listing fees for sellers? I have about 3,000 books in my store, but because the listing fees for each book has about doubled I can't afford to keep it open anymore. Is there an alternate way of selling these books outside of ebay? sign-rantpost.gif

www.bidoncomics.com

As usual, ebay's changes will force us to work 500% harder and make less money. I'm not going to close shop, but I am going to get rid of (or raise the price on) everything under $3. And to get more action in my store I'm going to have to give away more free shipping more often. another squeeze on my pocket. work more deals, hustle more. be more creative. not so easy with a full-time job, kid, etc.

And then I'll see where I am in 3 months.

www.bidoncomics.com

Free selling membership for board members for the rest of the year. Cant hurt to try it out. A few guys here are selling some books. Traffic goes up daily. Its not Ebay traffic but they had to start at 5000 hits a day before too. headbang.gif

How is the site going for you Rich?

More traffic? More listings? I've been watching it in hopes that it will take off.

For the "Gold" plan which is $100/Year... what would 6000 auction bucks equate to in listings? And... if something were to happen and the site was closed or shut down, would there be a pro-rated refund given on monies paid up front?

popcorn.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

It's still 72¢/year to list an item with gallery. Not bad, IMO. If your profit margin is eaten up with the price increase, then you're selling the wrong things.

Very true...

I don't plan on giving in just yet. i am ALMOST done cataloguing a huge collection that will be listed over the next few months. I figure if the books go for a min. of $5... I will be able to afford the .72/year wink.gif I'm also hoping items don't sit that long!

I wish they had a feature to list for your own specified amount of time. For instance; say I were selling a book for $2.00 I paid $1.00 for it and want to make at least a 50% profit... so I don't want the item to sit in the store for longer than 8 months. I'd love to be able to choose "8 Months" for a period to list for! Of course, this example doesn't take for account the FVF and PP fees... but you get the idea.

John thumbsup2.gif

How is the site going for you Rich?

More traffic? More listings? I've been watching it in hopes that it will take off.

For the "Gold" plan which is $100/Year... what would 6000 auction bucks equate to in listings? And... if something were to happen and the site was closed or shut down, would there be a pro-rated refund given on monies paid up front?

popcorn.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

Hey John,

The site is doing great. We have had some sales no keyword spammers 27_laughing.gif .

Yes traffic is going up daily. Also more listings which I believe with more sellers will come more buyers. We are actually being talked about in many forums so the word is getting around. We still have our ad coming out in the CBG in NOV, DEC, and JAN issues. So we will see how that helps.

As for the Gold plan it all just depends on how you list your items. If you just list a regular auction with a reserve that will list 4000 items for you.

Listing fee $1 auction buck(AB)

Reserve fee .50 AB

= $1.50 AB per auction

Now if you choose to have featured on front page or bold items that will bring that 4000 down some. Not a bad deal for $100.

Yes if for some reason we shut down there will be a refund given at $8.33 a month. Wow is that all it breaks down to for a month if your a Gold member. Damn might be time to raise prices.. 27_laughing.gif

We have jumped from 2000 to 5000 hits per day, sunday we had 2400 unique hits to the site. Which means new people coming. My goal for this month is to get to 10,000 hits a day by the end of the month. Realistically it will be more like 7-8 k but I'm advertising my butt off daily so it can happen.

Someone thinks its a great site I have already had an offer from a company to buy the site. But it is not for sale.

Any other questions please feel free to ask away here or email me at sales@bidoncomics.com

thanks, Rich

I registered with your site; my ID is Paratrooper Comics. I have tons of comics I will be listing. Starting this weekend if I get some free time.

acclaim.gif Yay no more Ebay!

I saw you joined as I was doing some work, I just set you up with 2000 auction bucks, if you need more I will throw more your way. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Rich

Oh and welcome.. 893applaud-thumb.gif

CREDIT FOR ERROR CHANGE: (bad english or lack of sleep)

svndst1030 thumbsup2.gif