• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Byrne Art Hulk #314 Pg. 15 vs. Doc Samson

22 posts in this topic

I've got to agree with a couple of the other guys. I would guess half that would be a good range. Best way to find out is to relist it with a reserve and see how that goes instead of alienating everyone but a select few with the high start bid.

I also agree that it's not the best example of Byrne's work but it's far from bad and has the Hulk and Samson battling so that adds some value to it.

At multiples of market value?? How have you assessed the market value of Hulk #314 pg.15 illustrated by John Byrne.

I really think that $950 is reasonable because 1) it is the first Byrne Hulk issue, 2) Hulk is prominent in each panel 3) not only prominent, but in battle 4) not merely in battle, but brawling with one of his closest of allies, Doc Samson.

So based on that, I think $950 is rather fair. So far, I have been offered $850.

At multiples of market value?? How have you assessed the market value of Hulk #314 pg.15 illustrated by John Byrne.

I really think that $950 is reasonable because 1) it is the first Byrne Hulk issue, 2) Hulk is prominent in each panel 3) not only prominent, but in battle 4) not merely in battle, but brawling with one of his closest of allies, Doc Samson.

So based on that, I think $950 is rather fair. So far, I have been offered $850.

so why did you ask if you're going to blow off the advice? confused-smiley-013.gif

If you look at the Markey data on CAF, most Byrne hulk pages from this era sell for about $150. Granted, this is a nice partial splash page, so it should go for more.

If you don't want the advice, don't ask for it and don't get ticked off. If you get that much for it, more power to you, but I don't see it happening. If someone offered you $850, take it and run to the bank.

so why did you ask if you're going to blow off the advice?

Please don't take it that way. I seriously appreciate everyone's thoughts on the value of this piece. However, I don't come from a blank slate. I've also put alot of thought into what this piece is worth. I just wanted to have a discuss about it.

Thanks.

If you don't want the advice, don't ask for it and don't get ticked off.

Believe me, I am not at all ticked off. I am actually very appreciate that everyone here has put time and effort to review and respond to my OA. But when someone says, "I disagree - this is probably listed at multiples of what its actual market value is", they should support that argument with some points, right?

I tend to agree that the artwork is slightly overpriced, but at this point I am trying to get what I paid for it which is $925.

Thanks.

The beauty of Original Art is that two pieces, by the same artist showing almost the same thing (i.e. same characters, same time frame, etc.) can sell for EXTREMELY different prices.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's a very, very cool piece of artwork.

If someone offered you $850, take it and run to the bank.

Yes, an eBayer has offered $850, but wished to pay within a week. I may accept. But also wanted to let you know that the OA is available to all forumites for $850. I will still keep the eBay item at $950 because I've already changed it so often. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.

If you don't want the advice, don't ask for it and don't get ticked off.

Believe me, I am not at all ticked off. I am actually very appreciate that everyone here has put time and effort to review and respond to my OA. But when someone says, "I disagree - this is probably listed at multiples of what its actual market value is", they should support that argument with some points, right?

I tend to agree that the artwork is slightly overpriced, but at this point I am trying to get what I paid for it which is $925.

Thanks.

I did support it with points - you saw my later post, correct?

If you can get $850 , take it and run. I don't see this piece going for much more than $450-500.

Like Solar pointed out, the best way to determine it's market value is to list it with no reserve and a low starting bid. the market will determine it's value.

I have to say again that I think it would be hard pressed to make it to 500.00 and if it were me selling it, I'd sell it for the 850 or hang onto it longer to recoup my initial investment.

I'm not gospel by any means and with art we're all frequently proved wrong higher or lower than our estimates. A marketable item is worth whatever a buyer and seller agree on. These are only my thoughts based on my own collection of Byrne pages and following every single Byrne auction on ebay for the past year.

Good luck on your auction.