• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wisdom teeth

47 posts in this topic

Hey all... Wisdom teeth should be removed during the ages of 14-30... After the age of 30, they become way more difficult to remove. The bone is way more solid at that age and doesn't heal well. Sometimes it's better to just leave them if they are still present in adults. It depends on the level of impaction and chronic infection. However, if they are bothering you, they should come out for sure. I have seen some nasty infections and cysts around retained 3rd molars (wisdom teeth). let m eknow if you need anymore advice.. I guess I'm the resident dentist around here...

That's what my dentist told me when I had the one removed this year. I really hadn't had any infections for the past 5 years, but the darn thing was coming out at a 45 degree angle and pushing up against the adjacent tooth.

I had mine out when I was 20, and they all became infected. I was so sick, I actually hallucinated... only time in my life!

So, they put me on anti-biotics, and they gave me Percodan for the pain... 25 tablets.

After a day or two of the anti-biotics, they swelling went down and the pain went away. But, man, I loved those Percodan! Kept them going for days!!

Misspent youth, I guess. Enjoy that comic book reading!

Shep