• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ult. Wolverine vs. Hulk

41 posts in this topic

What's worse??

All Star Batman, or Ultimate??

893scratchchin-thumb.gif??

Still not a good comparison. Sure, neither series has been timely, but at least the Ult. Wolv/Hulk was a decent story; unlike ASB&R which without Jim Lee's art would not be worth wiping my 893censored-thumb.gif with.

From Joey Q at the Baltimore ComicCon:

Quesada said that he has recently spoken with writer Damon Lindelof, and he is currently working on the final two issues of Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine, and that the writer’s work on Lost ate up his time, which caused the delay on the miniseries.

yeahok.gif

doesn't matter....dropped it long ago.

will pick up the trade when it's out as i was liking the story, but it's been what...4 or 5 months since 2?

fie!

Quesada said that he has recently spoken with writer Damon Lindelof, and he is currently working on the final two issues of Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine, and that the writer’s work on Lost ate up his time, which caused the delay on the miniseries.

yeahok.gif

If he couldn't complete a project that he agreed to then he should have stayed away.

Haha.. Does it? Nothing beats what HBO puts out there, so I'd have to agree to an extent.. It ain't bad for regular tv though.. Anyway, my point is Lindelof is too busy hyping the new season to finish those tiny commitments he was paid for..

What's worse??

All Star Batman, or Ultimate??

893scratchchin-thumb.gif??

Still not a good comparison. Sure, neither series has been timely, but at least the Ult. Wolv/Hulk was a decent story; unlike ASB&R which without Jim Lee's art would not be worth wiping my 893censored-thumb.gif with.

thumbsup2.gif

yeahok.gif

Lost is much more important then this comic. Delay this all you want but if they delay Lost for one day i would die (new series starts on my BD!) yay.gif

Haha.. Does it? Nothing beats what HBO puts out there, so I'd have to agree to an extent.. It ain't bad for regular tv though.. Anyway, my point is Lindelof is too busy hyping the new season to finish those tiny commitments he was paid for..
Nothing beats the HBO shows. This was my first season watching Entourage and I loved that show. It was one of 2 or 3 shows that I had to watch every week.

Or better yet, require that a miniseries be "in the can" before it's even released. Secret War and Black Cat are two examples of where a clause like this would have made sense.

i guess they can't get these hollywood guy's to sign anything.

Try The Wire.. Season 4 just started Sunday, but the past seasons are all on DVD.. Deadwood was brilliant, Sopranos is great.. Heck, I love everything they put out.. Rome, Big Love, Entourage... The list goes on.. cloud9.gif

Try The Wire.. Season 4 just started Sunday, but the past seasons are all on DVD.. Deadwood was brilliant, Sopranos is great.. Heck, I love everything they put out.. Rome, Big Love, Entourage... The list goes on.. cloud9.gif

I have been watching the Sopranos, Big Love and Rome. I started watching Deadwood midway through this past season and every other word was F this and F that. It seemed like a bit much.

Yeah, it may seem a bit colorful and gratuitous but it is more about the characters and how they would talk during the time period.. It definitely isn't for those who are easily offended.. Not that you are, but I've heard lots of people say the same thing.. If you can get past it and see the great story and awesome acting it is worth it..

I enjoyed the story but the language made it feel like the writer was saying that since he can say it, he is going to.

the point of the language was to show the viewer that these people were outside the niceties of 19th century society. however, since none of the cursewords they were using were around at the time, and the curse words they actually would have used would seem PG-13 to a modern audience, they did what they did.

i thought it was interesting, the juxtaposition of the very Shakespearean structure and the coarseness of the cursing and subject matter.

if you start watching The Wire now, you're going to be somewhat confused. there was a lot of catching up in ep 1, but i hear ep 2 is the shizzle