• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some slabbed ALBEDO's for you guys :)

19 posts in this topic

usagi yojimbo is just what it looks like- an anthopomorphic chan-bara. Nothing parodic about it at all. A great series by an amazing comics artist.

it's the japanese word for an action film featuring samurai. it's representative (to the japanese ear at least) of the sounds of battle (swords clashing, etc.)

What I mean is, aside from the fact that it features animals in all the roles (which is where the anthropomorphic comes in- I though that was a pretty comoon word amongst the comics crowd,no?), Usagi Yojimbo, is a pretty straight-forward story in the vein of the samurai films of the 60s and 70s. It is of the same strain and pays homage to films like: Kurosawa's Yojimbo and Sanjuro (two seminal and trend-setting films in the genre that added both ultra-violence and humor as essential genre elements;) the Zatoichi series (27 or so films starring Shintaru Katsu as a bilnd, wandering swordsman- on IFC as the "Blind Swordsman" series) and the Baby Cart films and manga ("Lone Wolf and Cub") among others.

Bah! #3 is common! 10,000 printed. Compare to #1 and #2 (2000 printed) or #4 (3000 printed).

Rick, thanks for the offer smile.gif , I may take you up on it if the #2 is cheap enough.

Danno

Looks like putting that 9.8 #2 on eBay was akin to shooting myself in the foot. Look at what some of these putzes want for Albedos now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=723439165

On the plus side, I have never seen so many of these early issues available on eBay in the same month.