• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The coolest place next door to a comic book store.

42 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif I grew up with a dime store 4 blocks away and it had a small arcade in the back. I played the hell out of some pinball!! They use to hold tournaments and I remember a few of the times the prizes were comic books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif wonder if my brother still has those.

893applaud-thumb.gif I grew up with a dime store 4 blocks away and it had a small arcade in the back. I played the hell out of some pinball!! They use to hold tournaments and I remember a few of the times the prizes were comic books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif wonder if my brother still has those.

When I lived in Taiwan when I was a kid, we lived in an apartment building that had a big bowling alley and pinball arcade in the ground floor shopping arcade. As a result, my only 2 talents in life are bowling and pinball.

I will definately have to check that place out next time I am in Vegas.

I started playing in bowling alleys and then really started playing my Freshman year in college. As I recall my favorite game from then was called Triple Action.

This was in 1973 about a year b4 the new fnagled arcade games hit with the revolutionary PONG followed by Breakout. Man if I had taken all the quarters i spent on those machines and used them to purchase select Golden age stuff i could be retired now 27_laughing.gif

For my wife's 50th she wanted a pinball machine for the family to play so we have had Theater of Magic in the garage for a few years now. It odes get played often when we and/or the kids have frineds over. So does anybody else have a pinball/video game to contribute to the thread?

img_4746.jpg

Man,you got me jonesin' for some pinball!! Will trade comics for pinball! A few I'd like to have,just gotta sell a car to make room! And there was one I used to play all the time that ad to do with soccer,and it used to kick up soccer balls on the back glass. Anybody out there remember what that one was called? It wasn't a digital one from what I can remember.

ZZZ999YYSIGK.jpgZZZ999YYSIGG.jpgZZZ999YYSIGF.jpgZZZ999YYSIGE.jpgZZZ999YYSIGD.jpgZZZ999YYSIGC.jpgZZZ999YYSIGB.jpg

My second store in Schaumburg, Illinois was sandwiched between Ho-Ho Chop Suey (a great Chinese take-out) and a Baskin-Robbins.

My late nights munchies were covered back in the early 80's! yay.gif

Anybody who collect comics during the 70's not like pinball?

Pinball wizard here... hi.gif...and my best games were when I played "B I T C H" by the Rolling Stones on the adjacent jukebox... headbang.gif

Anybody who collect comics during the 70's not like pinball?

Pinball wizard here... hi.gif...and my best games were when I played "B I T C H" by the Rolling Stones on the adjacent jukebox... headbang.gif

& Son of a B i t c h by Nazareth!