• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saddam Hussein - Fantasy Art Collector??

7 posts in this topic

Did anyone read about Saddam Hussein's penchant for fantasy artwork when the story broke 3 years ago? I missed it completely. A number of the media reports can be found here:

http://www.erbzine.com/mag8/0869.html

I only found out about this because Heritage is selling the original painting "King Dragon" by Rowena Morrill in their September Signature Auction and the auction description mentioned that Saddam had a copy of it in his secret love nest! That is just mind-blowingly bizarre to me, especially since my bachelor pad has some not too dissimilar artwork (mainly Conan & Vampirella, with a few mainstream, non-comic pieces thrown in) decorating the walls... foreheadslap.gif893whatthe.gif

Here's the King Dragon piece that Heritage is auctioning. What do you guys think about Saddam's taste in art:

1356940-RowenaMorrillKingDragonsmall.jpg

I wonder if Saddam has a few Frazetta and Boris paintings stashed away with his hidden WMDs. wink.gif

1356940-RowenaMorrillKingDragonsmall.jpg.183b31b9e36915920d78cff4b6fd77ae.jpg

Did anyone read about Saddam Hussein's penchant for fantasy artwork

I saw a story on TV about that.

His palace walls were loaded with 70s/80s stuff... 893censored-thumb.gif