• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squaretrade + eBay helps in committing fraud

23 posts in this topic

I found this interesting piece of News that a eBay seller used the Squaretrade logo to commit fraud with the backing of Squaretrade on eBay. The case was for around 1 Million dollars. Just another reason I knew Squaretrade was a worthless company..the first one being they have no power with eBay to fix anything. Here is the link:

eBay + Squaretrade Fraud shocked.gif

Wow! Squaretrade is misleading. I didn't realize that the dollar amount was a cap per seller not buyer. That makes it pretty much worthless. I guess the only way you can protect yourself is charge to your credit card thru Paypal. If it goes south charge back the amount on the CC.

I was a ST member for about a year in order to instill confidance in my auctions...I paid my $7.95 faithfully and displayed the ST logo with pride...then I had to use their services to resolve a dispute...end result..Nada!!!... mad.gif

I also tried to use their services to help in getting a fraudulent seller to at least re-imburse me for an item once I returned it...I even spent the $24.95 to have a mediator help to resolve the issue...end result...Nada!!!... mad.gif

After sending SquareTrade a scathing E-mail voiceing my displeasure with their non-essential service I promptly terminated my membership... makepoint.gif

I now have $7.95 more in my pocket every month....and SquareTrade keeps spamming me to come back into their fold... wink.gif

I was a ST member for about a year in order to instill confidance in my auctions...I paid my $7.95 faithfully and displayed the ST logo with pride...then I had to use their services to resolve a dispute...end result..Nada!!!... mad.gif

I also tried to use their services to help in getting a fraudulent seller to at least re-imburse me for an item once I returned it...I even spent the $24.95 to have a mediator help to resolve the issue...end result...Nada!!!... mad.gif

After sending SquareTrade a scathing E-mail voiceing my displeasure with their non-essential service I promptly terminated my membership... makepoint.gif

I now have $7.95 more in my pocket every month....and SquareTrade keeps spamming me to come back into their fold... wink.gif

Well I never was a squaretrade member but after three back to back negs from 3 absolute NOOBs. I used them to remove the 3 negs and with $60.00 out of my pocket they were able to get the actual written negatives removed but I still have to wait for eBay to fix my actual number of feedback currently going on over three weeks now. 893frustrated.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

There's a very simple solution to everyone's anger and problems with Ebay and all associated entities:

If you belong to Square Trade, just cancel your membership.

If you belong to Ebay, don't surf it, don't buy, don't sell, just cancel your membership.

Just bid on offerings from, and buy from Heritage. That will eliminate all the problems, right?

O.K. Speaking of E-Bay & Squaretrade ...Has anybody else been asked to participate in this ? I received this e-mail a couple of day ago.

Congratulations! As a valued seller, you have been selected to participate in PayPal's Money Back Guarantee program!

Money Back Guarantee promotes increased sales by allowing buyers to get a satisfaction guarantee on their purchase of physical goods (up to $1000). There is no additional cost to sellers, and participation is limited to selected PayPal merchants only.

How Does the Guarantee Work?

When paying for physical goods, buyers will see an option to purchase PayPal's Money Back Guarantee on the PayPal payment page. Under the Guarantee, PayPal will reimburse the buyer for the amount of the transaction when the buyer is not satisfied with the purchase and returns the goods to PayPal. Buyers can file a reimbursement request on the PayPal website within 30 days of payment.

To avoid competing with sellers who offer shipping insurance, goods lost or damaged while in transit are not covered. In addition, sellers will not be held responsible for goods returned to PayPal. Sellers will, however, continue to be responsible for the delivery of goods as specified in the Seller Protection Policy.

The cost of the Money Back Guarantee will be automatically displayed to your buyers at the time of payment. The cost is calculated based on the cost of the item being purchased. If you do NOT wish your buyers to have this option, you can modify your Guarantee Preferences in your Profile by logging in at https://www.paypal.com/PROFILE.

To learn more about the Money Back Guarantee, go to the Money Back Guarantee page in our Security Center.

Thank you for making PayPal the world's #1 online payment service.

The PayPal Team

So, what does everyone think ?

Did E-bay see the writing on the wall ?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ebay should nip this in the Arse right away and get them the hell out of there 893naughty-thumb.gif.Glad I never bought into that garbage and just beleived in myself as being all that was needed for being a great seller.I hope Square Trade goes out of business makepoint.gif

Davidking623

You hope that Square Trade goes out of business? 893whatthe.gif Wow, that would be G R E A T!

Good wish!! That would be wonderful, and extremely satisfying to approx. 12 to 15 of the worst malcontents in the hobby that post on this Forum if not only Square Trade, but Ebay and PayPal went out also!!!!

Then, there would be only Heritage, Yahoo, and.... wait a minute. That's no good. There's about another dozen malcontents posting here that have a huge problem with Heritage and Yahoo, won't bid in their auctions and can't wait until they go out also.

Well, you never quite run out of malcontents on here that like to band together like a choir rendering "Dido's Lament", and cry about something or someone that they wish would disappear.

OK, so make that: Wouldn't it be great and extremely satisfying to about 2 dozen of the worst malcontents (sorry if some of the malcontents that hate Ebay AND Heritage are being counted twice) in the hobby if Ebay, Square Trade, PayPal, Heritage and Yahoo went out of business leaving behind dealers asking insane, Overstreet exponential prices on comics and collectors having nowhere else to turn to buy them as an alternative any longer?

That would indeed be great! The other million hobbyists without personal gripes against Ebay, Heritage, Square Trade, PayPal, and Yahoo and who rely on these companies for their hobby acquistions, could all go ____ themselves and their collection needs just to satisfy the desires of 2 dozen or so of the hobby's worst picciune malcontents.

You hope that Square Trade goes out of business? 893whatthe.gif Wow, that would be G R E A T!

Good wish!! That would be wonderful, and extremely satisfying to approx. 12 to 15 of the worst malcontents in the hobby that post on this Forum if not only Square Trade, but Ebay and PayPal went out also!!!!

Then, there would be only Heritage, Yahoo, and.... wait a minute. That's no good. There's about another dozen malcontents posting here that have a huge problem with Heritage and Yahoo, won't bid in their auctions and can't wait until they go out also.

Well, you never quite run out of malcontents on here that like to band together like a choir rendering "Dido's Lament", and cry about something or someone that they wish would disappear.

OK, so make that: Wouldn't it be great and extremely satisfying to about 2 dozen of the worst malcontents (sorry if some of the malcontents that hate Ebay AND Heritage are being counted twice) in the hobby if Ebay, Square Trade, PayPal, Heritage and Yahoo went out of business leaving behind dealers asking insane, Overstreet exponential prices on comics and collectors having nowhere else to turn to buy them as an alternative any longer?

That would indeed be great! The other million hobbyists without personal gripes against Ebay, Heritage, Square Trade, PayPal, and Yahoo and who rely on these companies for their hobby acquistions, could all go ____ themselves and their collection needs just to satisfy the desires of 2 dozen or so of the hobby's worst picciune malcontents.

Wow you give Squaretrade to much credit, if you think in anyway by them leaving permantently it will affect business on eBay. Squaretrade is a dot, a minute speck, a worthless logo, in the eBay universe and with all the problems they have been causing lately I would be glad to see them go and I will still be here selling on eBay as I did way before Squaretrade was a twinkle in it's misguided CEO's Eye.

Squaretrade probably does more harm than good. It's loved by discriminating E-Bay shysters because it doesn't interfere much with most well-thought out scams, yet it makes the scammer look legitimate. The company may have been founded with noble intentions, but unfortunately, they're mostly useless in their current form.

FF,

I'm not talking about only stopping with Square Trade. Like you have on more than one occassion, I'm speaking out against all of Ebay and their "cohorts" like Square Trade and PayPal.

You yourself speak out quite often against them and just about anything else that displeases you. Matter of factly, the only entities I've never seen you speak out against in any way, shape or form, like an hyper-opinionated, disgruntled malcontent who finds fault with everything except Heritage and their joint venture, CGC.

I haven't even as much as seen you agree with anyone when an image is presented of a slabbed book that is obviously waaaaaaaaay overgraded in your continued, damage control, CGC-mole Forum function:

Poster A: "How can this be a 9.6 with 14 stresses on the spine, tears on the corners, 1/4" of slanted white showing on this miscut book's spine, and a filthy back cover?"

Poster B: "You're not kidding, more like a VF, if that!"

Poster C: "Maybe they grade Golden age differently? It still is a Blue label, even though it states, minor color touch, pieces added, glue, tears sealed"

FF: "I can see it being a NM+. Those 14 stresses add to the book's attractiveness, being that they're very evenly spaced out! The corner tears aren't that bad, normal for Golden age, and very well placed for maximum attractiveness. The restoration must have been very well done and extremely minimal. I'd wholeheartedly endorse a Blue label 9.6 for this beautiful book! CGC was correct. They always are".

Poster A: "FF, let me guess. E's, Special K, Oxycontin, dust? Or a combination of all four?

Absolute, utter BS. I posted the first thread in this forum criticizing CGC for grading Golden Age comics differently than Silver. I asked Borock why they grade Silver differently...and he didn't respond. I don't participate in most "grade this book" threads because you can't see most defects in a scan.

But, you know, we all forgive you for jumping to such hasty conclusions about what anybody in the forum "always does" or "always doesn't do"...we know you're a new member and haven't yet learned what kind of people we all are yet. I criticize and laud CGC whenever they deserve either type of feedback because I'm an objective person, you just haven't noticed it yet, you know, you being a new member and all. But your buddies Hammer and Methuselah...would you care to link us to any threads in these forums where they did anything besides try to knock CGC down whenever they got the chance? I think you'll have a bit of trouble finding any posts where they show any praise for CGC at all. They almost appear to have some sort of bias against them...

I would expect no less of a fatalistic answer from you KingJames. You call for the end of Square Trade because of a problem? All of their members are NG because of one example cited above?

What else should be done away with because of one problem in your arrogant Deity-like opinion of what is good and what is bad? Let's think about this for a minute.

Should we:

Abolish the police, just completely eliminate and disband all the police depts. in the country because Furman was labeled a bigot?

Abolish hamburgers and sirloin products because of "Mad Cow disease"?

Abolish airplanes, automobiles, trains because of any one crash?

Abolish the Red Cross because a few 911 victim's families didn't feel they got their relief funds quickly enough?

You're right, James. If there's even 1 iota of a problem with ANYTHING, it should be immediately abolished. Better yet, run for president on the Abolitioners party ticket. See how far you get with your cockamamie views.

James, take a wild guess at how many emails I have from Forumites and former-Forumites, and folks that just plain know you, with your name synonymous with the words, "CGC MOLE". Pick a number between 50 and 100, add 2, divide that by 2, multiply by 5 and keep multiplying until you run out the calculator into the E... range. That's how many.