• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep 22, Jackpot 4, Archie 2 up on the bay..

25 posts in this topic

I guess this bodes well for the unrestored VF+ Pep #22 we are offering for sale.

...and I guess when it comes down to it, we are just comic book wholesalers.

27_laughing.gif

I guess this bodes well for the unrestored VF+ Pep #22 we are offering for sale.

...and I guess when it comes down to it, we are just comic book wholesalers. We offered this copy for $4300 and it sells for almost double 2 years later. The VG+ copy we sold for $9000 is probably worth about $16000 right now.

Steve

Well Steve, it wasn't for my lack of trying. On multiple occasions I tried to buy low grade copies of Pep #22 from you guys in the past, but the one I wanted was part of a 1-34 run. It's ok as that's how you guys decided to market and sell that lot. But I think we all know the real reason I wasn't still actively buying from you guys when that 2.0 copy was put up for sale, and it was a huge customer service disagreement between VZ and I.

It's a shame too, as you guys have some Mile High Blue Ribbons I'd like to snatch up, as well as some Timelys.

Well $8500 didn't get it, so that's that.

I know I will probably take a beating for saying this, but here goes. The high bidder probably did you a favor on this one. I think 8500 for a 2.0 is a ridiculous, purely ego driven price (on his end).

Like Maggie Thompson said...If a book is too much money, wait a while. Another will come along that will be more affordable.