• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- Web Advice needed.

26 posts in this topic

I need to find a web graphics design program. Anyone have any ideas? I have to help update some of the graphics here at the mill and could use some input. No animation stuff though lettering and logo design would be helpful.

Thanks a lot,

Tim

Vector graphics software would work best for lettering and logo design. I use several like Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Freehand, and Macromedia Fireworks. Although all of those are a bit pricey.

If you are working with photographs, Photoshop would probably be best.

What exactly are you trying to do?

I like FrontPage

FrontPage really hacks your code to pieces. Plus, if you are worried at all about being W3C standards compliant (which most people aren't) it's not the best choice. Dreamweaver is better, although it has it's problems too.

Tim,

what will you actually be doing?

Creating the graphic, reworking graphics?

Are you talking like banners and images on the web site?

Give a little more detail about the project and I'm sure someone here could steer you in the right direction.

I like FrontPage

FrontPage really hacks your code to pieces. Plus, if you are worried at all about being W3C standards compliant (which most people aren't) it's not the best choice. Dreamweaver is better, although it has it's problems too.

I;ve used both. I tend to still use Frontpage the most. blush.gif

I like FrontPage

Me luvs some dreamweaver.

dreamweaver's system is much nicer and less bloated than Front Page. Though both systems are waaaay better now than they use to be when I started webdesign (1999 or so).

Though coding by hand is still the best way wink.gif

Personally, if you can get a copy of the Adobe tools (illustrator, photoshop, imageready ), you'll have the best tools available to create graphics. The problem is that Adobe software is expensive. There is an open source version of photoshop called GIMP but I haven't used it. I've used Paint Shop Pro in the past and it's a good tool for it's price.

If you're looking to change fonts, google for free fonts. You can get a nice selection of fonts that are easy to install and easy to use. And a simple font change can make all the difference in a redevelopment of a logo.

I like FrontPage..

[embarrassing lack of self control] front page in the [embarrassing lack of self control]. That piece of [embarrassing lack of self control] application has cost me more hours than any other technology even remotely connected to the web. It's better than it once was, but I wouldn't suggest anyone use it unless I hated them.