• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quire Collection

61 posts in this topic

While thse are definetly some collectible books, none of them appear to be in high enough grade to slab, or pricey enough to be worth placing with an auction house. The boards would be a good place to start - though with better scans. Most of what you've posted would probably sell for 60-100% of guide if accurately graded. Better than most dealers will likely pay.

The Marvel Mystery should get full guide for sure, and I'm guessing the Supermans would sell pretty easily.

Next stop should be ebay. Depending on what you put the minimum bid at, it can be a crapshoot, but generally if their is any demand for the book at all the lower the starting bid the better ( gets people hooked into the auction). After commissions are paid - auction houses aren't going to net alot for run-of-the-mill GA books.

I don't know what all he has yet. Wish he would let me come over and get the boxes. He brought me 8 today, all Superman and Batman. Who the heck would want them? Anyways, here are the front scans for them. I'd have posted them earlier but grandson here and he owns me!

superman29front.jpg[/img]

superman36front.jpg[/img]

sup22front.jpg[/img]

batman29front.jpg[/img]

batman26front.jpg[/img]

batman25front.jpg[/img]

batman24front.jpg[/img]

batman22front.jpg[/img]

Wanted to take a second and let you guys know something. The guy seriously doesn't know how many comics he has. At what point he is going to be ready to sell, I just don't know. I know some nights they may not be so great, but others they will. I'll continue to post a front scan of what I get my hands on for as long as you guys want me to.

I am doing a spreadsheet on the collection as I go and it does include a rough, early letter grade, but, more importantly, I'm putting comments in on what I see. I will share this spreadsheet with anyone who wants me to but not dailey, was thinking weekly. PM me or email me if you want that sheet, it's in Excel format.

I am also doing back cover scans but not posting those yet. They will be available later on.

I am very much hoping at least some of you are simply enjoying seeing these as much as I am at this point. I'll probably never have my hands on these types of books in this quantity again.

Thanks for reading my rant!

Ed

Yellowjacket Comics #1 Sep-44

yellowjacketcomics1front.jpg[/img]

Super Comics 83 Apr-45

supercomics83front.jpg[/img]

Super Comics 78 Nov-44

supercomics78front.jpg[/img]

Super Comics 75 Aug-44

supercomics75front.jpg[/img]

Super Comics 73 Jun-44

supercomics73front.jpg[/img]

Spitfire 133 Aug-45

spitfire133front.jpg[/img]

Miss America Comics 1 1944

missamericacomics1front.jpg[/img]

Jungle Comics 44 Aug-43 ((Beater Alert but still!))

junglecomics44front.jpg[/img]

Georgie Comics 1 Sep-45

georgi1front.jpg[/img]

Doll Man Quarterly 7 Autumn 43

dollman7front.jpg[/img]

Blazing Comics 4 Sep-44

blazingcomics4front.jpg[/img]

I have my grandson this weekend so thats all til Monday! Enjoy!!

I got about 30 from him last night but with my grandson here won't be able to get much done. Here's one interesting one from it.

Planet Comics 26 from Sept-43

planetcomics26front.jpg[/img]

purty