• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my big furry Beast!!!!!

20 posts in this topic

I believe it's an 8.5 as the top bindary corner is rounded. The top of the cover looks slightly rough from the scan. There appears to be one color breaking spine mark, good chance there's another scanners can't pick up non-color breaking spine stress at this resolution. The lower right corner also has a crease in it in the extreme outter portion.

Brian

9.0 - 9.2

If back cover is nice then 9.2. The color-break is amplified by the size of the scan. I have a 9.0 Silver Surfer #14 that has at least 4 (small) color breaks.

It's a nice book, that if you plan on selling, would do pretty well on eBay raw.

Chris

Honestly I'm guessing 9.0 (higher end) or (lower end)-9.2 depending on CGC's mood. Hopefully 9.2. The backcover is nice. It does have a slight smudge on the back, but nothing else. I think the other book I linked to should of been a upper end 9.2. I'm going to sell it (or trade it) for more DC Neal Adams books.

I pulled it out of a storage bag with 6 others of the same issue. One was structually a 9.4-9.6 but it had a REALLY bad smudge on the front by that upper staple. Overall I thought this was the best looking one.

I don't believe CGC knocks down for the smudge... or any very repetitive print defect. If they did, quite a few less Hulk 181's would grade above 9.2 as most have that vertical white spotting defect (where the ink did not adhere) 1/4" or so in from the spine. It starts as high as just above the black arrow and can extend down as far as a 1/2" from the bottom edge... but I digress

I might be able to post a scan of the 9.8 AA 11 this weekend.

Really? Are you sure. I had thought they did, I wonder if there's any CGC people who could answer this. Earlier on the thread I stated that this came out of a storage bag where there was also a high end looking 9.4 (with bad smudging). So I thought it would grade lower. I wonder...does ANYONE out there have a bad smudge on a slabbed 9.4 or higher that could conferm this??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif