• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DR. VICTOR VON DOOM....WHO SHOULD BE?

31 posts in this topic

With all the new Marvel Comics hitting the big screen and to see who would play who,I ask all DOOM fan who should play him on the big screen? He can potentially be the DARTH VADER in this movie.

drdoomstatue.jpg

cloud9.gif

The two actors that come to mind first, for me, are Jeremy Irons (although I think he's a little too old) and Kenneth Brennaugh (sp?), who I think would be perfect.

I have heard Russell Crowe's name thrown around, but I think Brennaugh would be a much better fit. His training in Shakespearean theatre would benenfit him greatly as Doom.

Chris

With all the new Marvel Comics hitting the big screen and to see who would play who,I ask all DOOM fan who should play him on the big screen? He can potentially be the DARTH VADER in this movie?

I think Ben Kingsley would be good.

Kingsley is very capable of playing a great villain (see Sexy Beast for example). My only problem w/ him is that Doom and Richards are supposed to be the same age. Using Kingsley would put Richards at over 50 easily. I would think the producers would like to have a 35-40 yr. old Richards.

Chris

Personally, I think it should be an actor with a natural accent (rather than some American learning to speak with an accent). Maybe there's some up and comers over in the UK that look like him?

Brian

When I was in school we watched Young and the Restless every day at lunch and I always thought the guy who was Victor Newman would make a great Doc Doom - he is older but has the perfect menacing voice. Who ever they get has to have a great voice - kind of like they did with Vader. My wife suggests the voice of Vin Diesel! Vin might make a great Thing though.

It's all about the voice since you never see his face.

Furthermore, he has to be tall.

It shouldn't be Vin because you'll just sit there thinking "Vin Diesel" the entire time.

It needs to be a British actor.

It's all about the voice since you never see his face.

Furthermore, he has to be tall.

It shouldn't be Vin because you'll just sit there thinking "Vin Diesel" the entire time.

It needs to be a British actor.

You make me laugh... smile.gif

If it's all about the voice and you never see the face, he clearly does not have to be tall...

It wasn't James Earl Jones in the Vader suit...

I do agree with several posters here though, that it needs to be someone who can do accents without them being stilted... so either someone for whom English is not their first language, or an actor who does accents very, very well... Malkovich's accent in Rounders was stellar, he would be a decent choice for the voicework...

But realistically, you won't see Vin Diesel in a movie like this. He doesn't care about money and he doesn't care about comic books, so he would never agree to the role. As opposed to John Malkovich who will take most any role he thinks is cool whether it pays well or not.

They'll probably go with someone who works primarily in indie films... You get a better actor for a cheaper price, and you don't have to worry about the audience thinking "Vin Diesel" instead of Dr Doom...

I do agree with several posters here though, that it needs to be someone who can do accents without them being stilted... so either someone for whom English is not their first language

Hey...you're talking about me right ? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif