• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk Movie in No Digital Theaters?

6 posts in this topic

I heard that the director is not putting the Hulk movie in any Digital Theaters due to the CGI on the Hulk...that sucks! I just checked my listing for local showtimes and the Hulk movie is only playing in 2 theaters in my area and it's only on 1 screen with 4 showtimes all day...Yea! line will be out the door and down the street,I can see it already,might as well line up now! 893frustrated.gif

Excuse my ignorance...but what are "digital theaters," and are there many around the US? I'm assuming it's a higher-resolution film format, but I was wondering about the specifics.

Kinda sounds like he thinks higher clarity is a bad thing for CGI, which is likely to be right. We've still got a few more decades before humanoid CGI figures can seamlessly mix in with real people.

That's kind of strange. SW episode 2 was in digital theaters (One of the first movies in digital theaters???) and main reason was, that it was filmed with digital movie cameras+it was full of CGI.

Digital Theaters are theaters with high resolution picture quality and sound,usually it the "newer" theaters,with stadium seating and everything.Which is mostly around now,it's being shown in "older theaters" so to speak.The problem is that there aren't enough around,im my area anyway.They want this movie to be big and rake in the cash like spider-man.One Theater in town with 4 showtimes on one screen,is not going to cut it. kevin

Digital theaters are also projected without film. Studios like it because they can send movies via satellite rather than on reels. It's basically stored on a hard drive rather than using celluloid.

The projector is expensive because it's new, few have been made and chains and studios have yet to jump in with both feet.

Learn more.