• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INFINITE DC GA Humor Thread

96 posts in this topic

Ist App. of Spylot Bones, Nero Fox, King Oscar, Pelican Pete, Hugo Hornspred, and Frankie & Franny Flipper. Pshwew! I love the description on the cover "They Walk! they talk! They're just like humans, but they're all animals - And they're a riot" As if Funny Animal Books hadn't already been around for 5 years, and cartoons even longer foreheadslap.gif

Leading Comics #15

leading15.jpg

The Animal Antics is Howie Post, even though it looks a lot like Kelly. I thought it was kelly when I saw a small picture of it at first. Nutsy was drawn by Rube Grossman for most of the run, if not the whole run. I am unsure who wrote it. I always assumed that was Grossman too?

The Animal Antics is Howie Post, even though it looks a lot like Kelly. I thought it was kelly when I saw a small picture of it at first. Nutsy was drawn by Rube Grossman for most of the run, if not the whole run. I am unsure who wrote it. I always assumed that was Grossman too?

Ah, after perusing Overstreet, I see they clearly attribute the cover to Post - I'm only familiar with his 60s stuff (like Anthro) - which looks very different.

So did Mayer do another character in the book? - Overstreet list him as an artist in most issues, but doesn't specify the strip. My favorite Mayer strip is Scribbly (the early ones reprinted in the Smithsonian book), but have fond childhood memories of Sugar & Spike as well as a Three Mouseketeers reprint. I'd love to see DC put out a Scribbly Archives.