• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Garney on ASM

12 posts in this topic

I don't know anything about him, or what he's done in the past, but I think he's wrong on ASM. Just read #534, a filler issue, and the art just doesn't do it for me.

Who do you think should be doing the pencils on marvel's flagship title? confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't know anything about him, or what he's done in the past, but I think he's wrong on ASM. Just read #534, a filler issue, and the art just doesn't do it for me.

Who do you think should be doing the pencils on marvel's flagship title? confused-smiley-013.gif

his small run on the recent hulk run was a nice one...not one of the best or elaborated artists, but it's a master compared to JR jr (specially if he gets a godd colorist).

regards

He was great on the best Captain America run i ever read with Mark Waid (444-454) before Liefeld took over. However his style doesn't suit Spider-Man. Still an improvement on JRJR but i would like to see Marvel put a big name on the book again. Bagley is great but im talking McFarlane calibur. Someone like Turner, Madureira or Lee. J Scott Campbell is doing a Spider-Man run with Jeph Loeb next year and im hoping it will be on Amazing as i think Campbell will be perfect for Spider-Man.

I agree, not that thrilled with Garney's work. Never really have. Though I agree with Anny, his Cap work was good.

ASM needs a major re-haul. Dump STRA$#$KZLKKYIIUUIYI. Get a new artist. Give him his red/blue costume back. Dump the Avengers and the Mansion/Tower. Stop the ridiculous Stark-lackey plot. Back to the basics.

Pat

Get a new artist. Give him his red/blue costume back. Dump the Avengers and the Mansion/Tower. Stop the ridiculous Stark-lackey plot. Back to the basics.

Pat

I agree.

Also, silly move making him married to MJ and revealing his identity. They need to get back to the basics and concentrate on good hero stories.