• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROB HUGHES AKA WATERWALKER, NEW HEAD GRADER???

48 posts in this topic

CGC "finds" books that the submitter does not know are pedigree's all the time. Last month we called someone and told him two of his books were Frisco's, he was very happy.

I can vouch for this being fact. As I indicated in a previous post, an F.F. 10 that I had submitted two years was actually a White Mountain copy. I had my suspicions, but it was not sold to me as such, so I could not make the claim on the submission form. Steve called to let me know, did the leg-work to confirm it, and presto, a pedigree was confirmed.

CGC "finds" books that the submitter does not know are pedigree's all the time. Last month we called someone and told him two of his books were Frisco's, he was very happy.

I can vouch for this being fact. As I indicated in a previous post, an F.F. 10 that I had submitted two years was actually a White Mountain copy. I had my suspicions, but it was not sold to me as such, so I could not make the claim on the submission form. Steve called to let me know, did the leg-work to confirm it, and presto, a pedigree was confirmed.

One of my GA Wonder Woman's turned out to be a 'D' copy -- CGC figured that out, not me. I had no idea. Maybe it was Steve who recognized it. If so, thanks, Steve!

-- Joanna

Afetr Joe left Sparkle City was it was then bought by Geppi, Joes partner came into Timonium to run Geppis comics dealing operations (outside of Diamond). Apparently the story I heard was that he was sent with a lot of cash to buy a collection...and claimed he was rolled by hookers or something to that effect.

Ive never heard anything about him since...maybe hes buried in Giants Stadium?

One of my GA Wonder Woman's turned out to be a 'D' copy -- CGC figured that out, not me. I had no idea. Maybe it was Steve who recognized it. If so, thanks, Steve!

-- Joanna

I think the "D" reference was to bust size cloud9.gif