• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grant Morrison Talks About Batman

9 posts in this topic

I loved Morrison's Doom Patrol run - one of the great comic series of all time. The Invisibles had it's moments, but I haven't been really impressed with much of his other work, though admittedly there is much I haven't done more than skim at my LCS. I'm giving his Batman run a shot, as I like the character and look forward to a departure from the grim and gritty Batman that has become a bit tiresome. Incorporating characters like Batmite and Bat-hound is great idea if done in a clever manner - something Morrison is more than capable of.

A question for hard-core Morrison fans - I read a few early issues of his Animal Man run and didn't get hooked - what would be a good story arc to change my impression (keeping in mind that I thought his DP run was genius). Secondly, is his X-Men run worth reading? - it debuted the same time as the Milligan/Allred X-Force and at the time I could only see buying an X-Men related title if the creative team was willing to ignore what had come before (which Milligan and Allred did brilliantly).

Secondly, is his X-Men run worth reading? - it debuted the same time as the Milligan/Allred X-Force and at the time I could only see buying an X-Men related title if the creative team was willing to ignore what had come before (which Milligan and Allred did brilliantly).

I really liked this run, it started when I just got back into reading funny books and I had me hooked from the first issue.

My favourite arcs are

"E is for Extinction" 114 to 116

"Imperial" 122 to 126

"Riot at Xaviers" 135 to 138

It's was a shame that Frank Quietly couldn't keep up and they used quite a few fill in artists for the full run but none the less I would recommend reading it.

A few people got bummed out on the "Xorn" thing but I thought it was pretty cool.

Marvel are releasing a hard cover of the entire run ($99.00) in November - thinking of unloading my issues are getting this for my book shelf.

I loved Morrison's Doom Patrol run - one of the great comic series of all time. The Invisibles had it's moments, but I haven't been really impressed with much of his other work, though admittedly there is much I haven't done more than skim at my LCS. I'm giving his Batman run a shot, as I like the character and look forward to a departure from the grim and gritty Batman that has become a bit tiresome. Incorporating characters like Batmite and Bat-hound is great idea if done in a clever manner - something Morrison is more than capable of.

Couldn't get into Doom Patrol at all. Too bizarre for even me. I liked the Animal Man stuff that I read (granted, didn't read his entire run). Morrison is hit-or-miss with me. But, I did pick up his Batman and it is now on my pull list (see Modern Forum). Love AS Superman. WE3 was a fun read too.

Zonker posted this interview over in the Modern Forum . I loved it. Some pretty good stuff; "He's tougher and younger than me.And tougher. Did I mention tougher?" 893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif