• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please post your Action Comics!

511 posts in this topic

Funny story about that one actually. About 5 months ago Svndst1030 knew i wanted a copy so he gave it to FineComics at a con to give to me because FineComics had a pile of books to send. Well only last week i finally settled up with Fine and the book is now enroute to JoeyPost via USPS as JoeyPost has a pile of books for me. It should leave the States sometime this week. God knows where it will go next. I guess you could call it the forum biatch! grin.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Definitely a Curt Swan cover, and a real nice one!

In 1992, Swan was alone at a table in Macy's department store (of all places!) here in NYC, during a weekend of Superman promotions they were doing. I shook his hand and had him sign my Superman #423 & Action #583. I would have been around 19 at the time, and he seemed genuinely surprised and pleased that I even knew who he was. Very gracious guy. thumbsup2.gif

One of my earliest issues of Action. I have had this one for about 20 years. I am resisting the urge to start chain scanning/posting covers to this thread insane.gif
Please don't resist.

I appreciate everyone posting scans of their books. It gives me alot to look forward to. headbang.gif

I would like to see the notes on why this one is 5.0.

Looking at the cover, you would think, it would grade much higher. confused-smiley-013.gif

The back is in just as good shape. There's some spine damage at the bottom, but it doesn't look split. It has to be something on the inside. I guess I could crack it but I am not that curious. It's the best looking 5.0 I have seen. I would put at 7.5 if my other one is 7.5 and I think it looks better than that one.

news.gif

My raw Action Comics that I posted on the first page of this thread have just been graded. And I must say, that I am very pleased.

#67 6.5 cream to off-white pages

#75 7.0 off-white pages

#79 6.0 White pages

headbang.gif