• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trials of Shazam #1

28 posts in this topic

Just got a chance to read this last night.. Pretty darn good.. Better than I had expected. I can't say I've ever been into Captain Marvel, and from the little I knew of the older stories I thought it was a book aim at a really young audience. I was really surprised with this one.. Obviously not a kid's books. Billy is now 15, which is a much better idea than what was it? 8-10? Gives more options.. I really enjoyed this one and really looking forward to the rest. I'm now, officially a Captain Marvel fan.

Just got a chance to read this last night.. Pretty darn good.. Better than I had expected. I can't say I've ever been into Captain Marvel, and from the little I knew of the older stories I thought it was a book aim at a really young audience. I was really surprised with this one.. Obviously not a kid's books. Billy is now 15, which is a much better idea than what was it? 8-10? Gives more options.. I really enjoyed this one and really looking forward to the rest. I'm now, officially a Captain Marvel fan.

yay.gif

Glad to see that otherworld, though that might mean Ivan and I have more competition in get those sweet "World's Mightiest Mortal' books.

I finally read this last night. I like the take on it so far but I have to say the artwok could use a little help. Hopefully, it will get better. Anyway, can't wait until Issue #2.

Hey Tim, I promise not to give you any competition....yet. 27_laughing.gif.. You're right about the art, unfortunately... not jumping off the page. But yep, definitely looking forward to the rest of the series. I know its going to be at least 12 issues, but do we have any word on a new ongoing series?

None that I know of. Wouldn't be surprised if there is an announcement based on how well this series does. I really hope the artwork doesn't kill a chance at a new series though. If Porter's work gets better, well maybe there is a chance.