• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

16,094 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2024 at 8:47 AM, Lee Enterprises said:

This one is way out of order in our stroll down Spider-Man memory lane, but I just won the Suscha News Pedigree copy of ASM #31. 

image.png.76196c613ea6924174f31268c309c4db.png

BOOM!!  i was watching closely, got too rich for my blood.   big congrats to you, sir!

On 6/21/2024 at 12:27 PM, Jordysnordy said:

I subbed this unpressed and it came back 8.5

Had it pressed and now it's a 9.0

ASM 7 CGC 9.0.jpg

asm 7 cgc F1.jpg

I've thought a lot about this recently because I have a lot of old label books. What has your overall experience been with pressing (any negative experiences)? Do you typically hope for a half grade bump or have you received higher bumps than .5 on high grade books? Did you have CGC do the pressing or another company? Sorry to pepper you with questions, but I've wanted to ask someone with some real world experience. 

On 6/21/2024 at 12:56 PM, Lee Enterprises said:

I've thought a lot about this recently because I have a lot of old label books. What has your overall experience been with pressing (any negative experiences)? Do you typically hope for a half grade bump or have you received higher bumps than .5 on high grade books? Did you have CGC do the pressing or another company? Sorry to pepper you with questions, but I've wanted to ask someone with some real world experience. 

Depending how old they are I would venture that a lot of old label books have been pressed.

I have used CGC , @joeypost and a friend. Joey does excellent work. (as does my friend)

CGC did this book. Almost everything I have had pressed got a bump of 0.5 to 1.0 which I am happy with. I've only had 1 book come back with a lower grade - by 0.5 but I missed a small water stain so i probably should have left it as is.

My friend pressed my ASM 22 CGC 9.2 and it became a 9.4

I'm going to put that up for trade I can get another 9.2 as my run is mostly 9.2

Edited by Jordysnordy

On 6/21/2024 at 1:04 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Depending how old they are I would venture that a lot of old label books have been pressed.

I have used CGC , @joeypost and a friend. Joey does excellent work. (as does my friend)

CGC did this book. Almost everything I have had pressed got a bump of 0.5 to 1.0 which I am happy with. I've only had 1 book come back with a lower grade - by 0.5 but I missed a small water stain so i probably should have left it as is.

My friend pressed my ASM 22 CGC 9.2 and it became a 9.4

I'm going to put that up for trade I can get another 9.2 as my run is mostly 9.2

Thanks. That's all helpful info. I have a number of books where a .5 or 1.0 bump would dramatically increase the value. 

On 6/21/2024 at 1:38 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Put's my 9.2 to shame lol 

ASM 31 CGC 2.jpg

I don't think your book can be put to shame. That's a beauty and a good example for this question. Is that a book you would consider having pressed or has it already been done?

On 6/21/2024 at 1:45 PM, Lee Enterprises said:

I don't think your book can be put to shame. That's a beauty and a good example for this question. Is that a book you would consider having pressed or has it already been done?

I bought it slabbed so I'm unsure if it has been pressed. I will have to pull it out and look at it carefully as obviously a 0.5 bump is big money so it would be worthwhile.

On 6/21/2024 at 1:58 PM, pmpknface said:

My ST #115.  Always really liked this one!  Fills my Spidey and my Dr. Strange fix!  

Me, too.
Anytime I have spare $ sitting in my comic fund, I stumble around eBay to see if a cheap copy is available.