• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

Oh, I have a feeling it might a little while before I pick that one up. Looked really, really nice-- around a solid VG, and a great price at only $150, but I'm still short this month. The 15 (again, a solid VG) was only sitting around $90, so I might aim for that first.

Oh, I have a feeling it might a little while before I pick that one up. Looked really, really nice-- around a solid VG, and a great price at only $150, but I'm still short this month. The 15 (again, a solid VG) was only sitting around $90, so I might aim for that first.

hm I have a F/G 13 that I need to upgrade. Would you be interested in a trade and cash scenario if you pick up the VG 13?

One of my two targets has been acquired- ASM 15 along with copies of ASM 8, 10, 12, 18, & 19! 8, 10, & 18 are probably somewhere in the Fair range, 15 & 18 somewhere around 1.5 - 2.0, and the 12 (Poor) was thrown in for free. Needless to say, a big advance in the progress of the collection.

One of my two targets has been acquired- ASM 15 along with copies of ASM 8, 10, 12, 18, & 19! 8, 10, & 18 are probably somewhere in the Fair range, 15 & 18 somewhere around 1.5 - 2.0, and the 12 (Poor) was thrown in for free. Needless to say, a big advance in the progress of the collection.

I think you're going to finish your ASM run before I do! Many Congrats!! doh!

Yeah, that is a nice one. There was this one I was looking at that presents really nicely, but has the issue number cut out (WHY on earth would you DO that?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170127539708&ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFF:IT&ih=007

Thats Jeff's book. He is a member here, finecomics. Great fella and really really nice guy. Even if he does let Sal hang around him :shy:

(thumbs u Macman you've been funnyanimation24.gif and taking names in your ASM collection. Congrats on the new additions Forrest!

Richard

This thread grew out of some discussions in the ASM 275 9.9 thread in Copper.

WHATT?!?!?! THIS BOOK????? 1583288-275y.JPG

lol

Who's the dummy that paid $550.00USD for that book??

It turns out a couple of us are working on complete ASM runs of varying lengths, and probably many others are too. I'll start... (thumbs u

I've been working on an ASM #1-64 run for many, many years now. (In a sense, it started with some SA Spideys I bought in the 1980s back when then were really cheap!... though I was much too unfocused as a collector back then to make any progress.) Always loved the title, loved the character and have a special fondness for the earlier Ditko issues.

In the last 5-6 years, mostly thanks to ebay, I've been chipping away at filling in issues I need. For the pricier keys, I've been staying in presentable 2.0-4.5 range due to budget, leaning more towards mid-to-high grades as I go later in the run.

Issues I still need: #1, 2, 13, 16, 20, 31, 41, 46, 60 & 63! (Not sure if I'm willing to spend what it takes for #1 and #2, as I prefer to spend serious money on GA rather than SA books...but we shall see.) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So, feel free to discuss ASM runs you're working on (doesn't need to be "silver only"),---- This I had never noticed before Jon. Now I will join in on this thread with my collecting.

how you collect, which issues you're still after, and of course, post 'em if you got 'em, guys! thumbsup2.gif

Good thread and nice job on your collection so far Jon. Any updates since your first posting of the thread? Get #1 or 2 yet? I don't have time to read through it all right now.

I'm moving for my ASM201-300 collection and will post new books once I get them and have scans available!

Richard

201-300-- This is the run I grew up during and initially got hooked on and it's probably the biggest distractor to my SA run I'm working on :)

You'd be proud though Richard; my ASM 201-300 run is actually a high grade run (F/VF - NM). BAs are closer to the mid grade range though... kinda drops off in grade the further you go back.

I'm very troubled.

I have so many run ideas. So little cash. Would like to focus on one.

ASMs are tempting...but early (20-50) or late (50-80)

but there are FFs 35-63

TOS (Cap issues)

TTA (Giant-Man/Ant-Man)

CAPs (100-117)

Who knows...