• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,476 posts in this topic

Nice books Owl. (thumbs u

My ASM collection is on hold,i won ASM #28 but the seller lives in san diego and andale won`t let me pay for the item,it says to contact seller.

The sellers not answering my emails so i guess i just have to wait and see because of the fires. :(

I hope he/she did`nt lose a house. :wishluck:

Well I just got my #28, and although it doesn't look as nice as some of the others I've seen here lately, I'm satisfied. I didn't know what to expect and was prepared for a disappointment with big tears, loose centerfold etc... but really, the only thing wrong with it is the cover wear. The spine is flat and tight, cover and centerfold firmly attached to staples, page quality good (don't know much about how to grade the whiteness but it's what you would expect from a GD copy from 1965). I thought the green colors of the web behind the logo would stand out more, some pictures I've seen the web almost glowing in green, but maybe that's just depending on how you scan it and what scanner you use. So here you have it:

skanna0002uw3.jpg

Well I just got my #28, and although it doesn't look as nice as some of the others I've seen here lately, I'm satisfied. I didn't know what to expect and was prepared for a disappointment with big tears, loose centerfold etc... but really, the only thing wrong with it is the cover wear. The spine is flat and tight, cover and centerfold firmly attached to staples, page quality good (don't know much about how to grade the whiteness but it's what you would expect from a GD copy from 1965). I thought the green colors of the web behind the logo would stand out more, some pictures I've seen the web almost glowing in green, but maybe that's just depending on how you scan it and what scanner you use. So here you have it:

skanna0002uw3.jpg

Congrats on picking up a great piece of Spidey lore. I think it's a decent copy, so enjoy it. I know you're gonna like this book a lot. :headbang:

:cloud9:

Two great books Aces. (thumbs u

When Stan Lee was signing here in vegas a guy in line before me had him sign a copy of ASM #50 and from what noticed it`s was the only book that he stoped an stared at a bit and said "i love that cover",i had to have one after that.

Nice copy. :applause:

Yeah... the writing in the title is a little bit of a bummer, but the price was right. And I think the newer writing helps compensate. ;)

On another note... my fellow ASM collectors, I think I'm taking a temporary break from my Spideys (except for those purchases I've already penciled in from some of you out there). I'm not going to stop picking them up when a great deal presents itself (of course). But I do think it's time to broaden my scope a little more as I'm finding as there are fewer issues I need and fewer available. Anyhow, thanks to Doc Watson's amazing looking BA X-Men posting, I'm going to do a little more work on building my BA X-Men collection (pretty meager offering right now).

It's not good bye... just taking my time to wait for a good buy ;)

Yeah... the writing in the title is a little bit of a bummer, but the price was right. And I think the newer writing helps compensate. ;)

On another note... my fellow ASM collectors, I think I'm taking a temporary break from my Spideys (except for those purchases I've already penciled in from some of you out there). I'm not going to stop picking them up when a great deal presents itself (of course). But I do think it's time to broaden my scope a little more as I'm finding as there are fewer issues I need and fewer available. Anyhow, thanks to Doc Watson's amazing looking BA X-Men posting, I'm going to do a little more work on building my BA X-Men collection (pretty meager offering right now).

It's not good bye... just taking my time to wait for a good buy ;)

:o say it ain't so...

What's your target grade on BA UXM?

VG would be A-O-K. That lovely little run can get dang pricey when you get too high. $10-$25 an issue can add up rather quickly. I'm tempted to post my entire wishlist up in the WTB forum, but Id hate to get flooded with responses and not be able to follow through on them all, you know?

(p.s. your 13 and Aces STA2 are in the front of the line ;) )

Edited by Mac Man

VG would be A-O-K. That lovely little run can get dang pricey when you get too high. $10-$25 an issue can add up rather quickly. I'm tempted to post my entire wishlist up in the WTB forum, but Id hate to get flooded with responses and not be able to follow through on them all, you know?

(p.s. your 13 and Aces STA2 are in the front of the line ;) )

(thumbs u

Aren't you concerned that you may have difficulty selling UXMs in VG later? They are not like Ditko ASMs, that sell in just about any condition.