• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,476 posts in this topic

No ! ,...that's simply wearing a purple suit with purple boots. ..Do it all the time .....I don't get it ?

BTW......anyone that has been married ,.......none of those 11 work real well ......The only sure fire way to "share" your comic enthusiasum(sp) with your better half is to say that it is an "investment" !!!....Don't you understand .."honey ".."this is going to triple in value once the movie ,etc, is about to come out",etc ,etc ,.............................it's really the only way ,guys .................BH.....

Always liked that cover... then again, I liked most of McFarlane's ASM covers. I still have love for those SS guys who got me a Todd siggy on my 298 (yes, yes, I realize he's not an SA guy but there's always room for a little Tood praise :) )

And since there seems to be an impression that this thread hasn't seen much action lately, let's see what y'all think about this:

A number of collectors and dealers I've spoken to have talked about the increasing rise in both the popularity and prices for Silver Age Amazing Spider-Man comics- this includes those sweet low grades that yours truly loves so very much. I know Rhonda has also been doing some legitimate work on collecting and processing info on this, but what are your experiences? Do you find low-grade ASMs are getting harder and harder to find below OSPG in the LCS? eBay? Other online locations? I don't want to to taint the water with my own POV just yet, so what do the rest of you think?

If you're talking about low grade copies specifically, my guess is that the keys are continuing to break out but nothing else is. I doubt a VG #37 is any more sought after or expensive than it was a year ago....and it's certainly no harder to find...but maybe a VG #4 or #14 or #50 is.

I auctioned off a bunch of LG ASMs between #16 and #59 last month. Maybe it was just an off-week, but they pretty much died on the vine, finishing at fractions of guide...except for the #20, which finished slightly above guide. (Some good deals for a few of y'all!) :hi:

some great excuses there. haha

What the hell was McFarlane thinking when he was drawing this guy's leg on the right on this cover?!?!

17290.jpg

Seems to be missing a foot.

grey shoes

Ok ok ok. I've been chatting without contributing pics of new books. Here's the most recent addition to my longbox o' Spideys! Not only sweet low-graded goodness, but I was able to pick it up at the minimum starting price on ComicConnect tonight.

I have to give credit to Vincent over in Metropolis for pointing this one out to me the other day- very cool on his part.

phpThumbphp.jpg

phpThumb-1php.jpg

Mid-Low

Don't forget the one I got on hold for ya. :makepoint:

:busy:

:busy: :busy: :busy:

Well he didn't BIN it.

Just PM chit-chat let over form the ASM 31 sale.

:insane:

Mid-Low

Don't forget the one I got on hold for ya. :makepoint:

:busy:

:busy: :busy: :busy:

Well he didn't BIN it.

Just PM chit-chat let over form the ASM 31 sale.

:insane:

:busy: :busy: :busy: :busy:

Ok ok ok. I've been chatting without contributing pics of new books. Here's the most recent addition to my longbox o' Spideys! Not only sweet low-graded goodness, but I was able to pick it up at the minimum starting price on ComicConnect tonight.

I have to give credit to Vincent over in Metropolis for pointing this one out to me the other day- very cool on his part.

phpThumbphp.jpg

Nice pick-up Mac,i`m always keeping an eye out for that one myself. (thumbs u