• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

If those are the books I don't think it will knock down the grade very much (maybe 0.5-1.0). I couldn't see it knocking down the grade more than 1.0. I suppose it might depend on how obtrusive the writing is. Was it done with pencil, or pen, or Marker, or what? How big is the writing, etc... The fact is, I really don't know.

What I do know is those are some Super nice Spidey's!!!! :headbang:

Thanks Blind Owl!

Here's an example of the writing showing up on the cover. It looks like ball point pen. In some issues it's on the "sweet spot" of the splash. (The place at the bottom of the page where artists sometimes sign.) They're nice books, so I'd be happy with just a point off the grade.

amazing_spiderman_055a.jpg

amazing_spiderman_056a.jpg

Hi Doc; I think writing on the front cover is WAY different than writing on the back cover or the inside splash page.

Still a nice book but it's too bad it has writing on the front cover. I really don't know how CGC would knock it down because of this. Maybe someone else here on the boards has sent some Higher Grade books with writing on the cover and could tell us how CGC graded them.

Low grade books wouldn't matter that much.

Thanks Blind Owl and Mac Man!

I lucked into that run. Right place, right time. Not all of the books have writing, and they vary in grade from PR/G to whatever the # 71 grades. Here are a couple of the Very Fine-ish, no writing books.

amazing_spiderman_065.jpg

amazing_spiderman_066.jpg

Great Books 2 Classic Covers.

Thanks Silverweb and CAP_FFreak.

I'm in the "need an upgrade" boat too. These two books, however, do fit my current SA collecting criteria:

1.interior's complete

2."Does it have a cover?" Sold.

I'll upgrade them some day.

amazing_spiderman_040.jpg

amazing_spiderman_050.jpg

Edited by Doctor Svord

So am I- get in line! :sumo:

;) Forrest, I've got the perfect low grade copy for you. I need to upgrade my copy first. It's a dog, but you can have it for $5.