• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

So Steve, you've gone from Platinum to Golden Age and now that you sold your Batman 29 and a few others, you're out buying common books like Spidey #1.

Shame shame.

If you're into flipping, a HG ASM 1 is probably a pretty good investment. Personally, I expect to have my LG copy for many years unless something radical happens to my income stream.

Ed, what's the long range outlook on ASMs in general?

I was speaking a little tongue in cheek as Steve has some incredible books, and varying tastes. Plus he isn't afraid to flip for a profit or a loss.

Ebay just had seemingly legit auction for this #1

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-GD-2-0-March-1963-original_W0QQitemZ200178264035QQihZ010QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But my guess is as good as anyones elses but prices are certainly pretty strong at present. These things can't go up forever but here are a couple thoughts.

1. Spidey #1 is a blue chip of comics. If it goes up or down so does the market as a whole and vice versa.

2. Dollar is pretty weak so while Spidey 1's have gone up in US dollar terms; in all other currencies its probably pretty flat.

3. I think we can still expect boosts from the movies until we get a total flop. The more TV and movie exposure the better.

4. A Lower grade book has more of a floor than a high grade book as well as less potential to go up in value.

5. Don't listen to people that say comics can never go down in value. Just ask anyone in the coin, stamp, or baseball card market. They were saying the same thing at different times in the past.

6. I'd rather own a spidey 1 than any other SA key besides FF1 and AF15. And I do own one myself in full disclosure..

Ed

I was speaking a little tongue in cheek as Steve has some incredible books, and varying tastes. Plus he isn't afraid to flip for a profit or a loss. :acclaim:

Spidey #1 is a blue chip of comics. If it goes up or down so does the market as a whole and vice versa. :acclaim:

I'd rather own a spidey 1 than any other SA key besides FF1 and AF15. :acclaim:

I was speaking a little tongue in cheek as Steve has some incredible books, and varying tastes. Plus he isn't afraid to flip for a profit or a loss. :acclaim:

Spidey #1 is a blue chip of comics. If it goes up or down so does the market as a whole and vice versa. :acclaim:

I'd rather own a spidey 1 than any other SA key besides FF1 and AF15. :acclaim:

but wouldn't you rather have a TEC 29?

It's been a while since I've posted scans of new books... so here goes!

ASM22-front.jpg

Amz7.jpg

Amz4.jpg

Amz2.jpg

I have copies of ASM 13 & 29 lined up for a future purchase, so that leaves me missing only 1 & 17 for ASM 1-50. My signature says it all now ;)

Great collection Mac man. Good to see that you've almost completed your run. Congrats!!! :golfclap:

Thanks Owl! I started turning red (according to my wife) when I pulled out the #4 and began inspecting it. As she said, it was worse than when I got my high grade ASM 300 last Feb. for my birthday (this was my first mini-grail).

And Cap, :golfclap: for you in finally nailing down your ASM 28 mini-grail!