• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,476 posts in this topic

Nice book, especially considering what a pain it is to find a copy with decent centering.

BTW, I thought you sold your run? Are you rebuilding?

This is one of two books that still hasn't sold, both Annuals. BTW, sold the Silver, kept the Bronze - don't plan to part with the books I bought off the rack.

Do you have an Ann 1 for sale?

CGC 8.5 ow/w sold, along with 80 other slabs. All that's left are the Annual 2 and Annual 5 (top census 9.6).

Yeah- what are the grader's notes on that one? Sure presents nicely for a 1.5 :shrug:

Looks like the cover is almost if not off.

That'll drop a 2.0 to a 1.5.

:(

:takeit: anyways

Yeah- what are the grader's notes on that one? Sure presents nicely for a 1.5 :shrug:

Looks like the cover is almost if not off.

That'll drop a 2.0 to a 1.5.

:(

:takeit: anyways

AH- I was guessing it was just a popped staple. But yeah- definitely one I'd like to own some day.

Probably my first post in this thread.

A recent ebay surprise win, Amazing Spider-Man 40, September 1966 in about FN-. Green Goblin cover and origin! It can keep my original owner copy company -- probably a little higher grade too. I don't know what to make of that page overhang on the right edge. I think it's just poorly wrapped. Under a 10x magnifier, the top and bottom right corners don't look trimmed at all.

Jack

49301-ASM40.jpg

Could be a slight miswrap or even just a little spine roll throwing it off a bit.

Looks more like miswrap -- not much roll at all. Not surprising really. It's not like the guys running the presses paid the least bit of attention as the books flew off.

Jack