• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

What a nice first book -- Ditko and Lee at their prime. Good choice.

My 12¢

Dennis

I try to steer her right. She will be a teen in a couple of weeks. 2008 is going to be rough. :devil:

:gossip: Just don't tell her that the significance of ASM 25 has been severely diluted thanks to those :censored: :censored: 's

But I still think that's a beautiful book! (thumbs u

only if you read it....

This one just arrived!

It is rare to find original Ditko issues on swedish auction sites... but sometimes you're lucky! And considering the auction picture I think I made well...

57105408_1.jpg

skanna0004eg5.jpg

I'm so into Ditko now, I will probably have an almost complete Ditko run before I start hunting down the remaining 'boring' Romitas... anyone else have the same experience?

Dude! Don't hate on Jazzy John! You can love both Ditko and Romita Sr.

All joking aside, Point Five recommended my going after the 31-33 storyline and I always recommend it to people getting into Ditko Spideys. Looking at the artwork from the end of 32 and the beginning of 33 when Spider-Man is trapped under the wreckage... well, it's storytelling-via-art at its best (imo).

And no more knocking JRSR. :)

My daughter recieved this today. It's her first ASM.

amazingspiderman25.jpg

Great book! That happens to be the very first ASM I ever owned too. Off the stands. Wish I still had it!

My 12¢

Dennis

I try to steer her right. She will be a teen in a couple of weeks. 2008 is going to be rough. :devil:

Good Luck comicdonna...I have 3 daughters now age 22, 20 and 18...I guess I've survived to date... (thumbs u :frustrated::luhv:

(The gremlins are pretty much representative of the cycle...)

My 12¢

Dennis

Good Luck comicdonna...I have 3 daughters now age 22, 20 and 18...I guess I've survived to date... (thumbs u :frustrated::luhv:

(The gremlins are pretty much representative of the cycle...)

lol I guess we are in the :frustrated: cycle now! :grin:

Dude! Don't hate on Jazzy John! You can love both Ditko and Romita Sr.

All joking aside, Point Five recommended my going after the 31-33 storyline and I always recommend it to people getting into Ditko Spideys. Looking at the artwork from the end of 32 and the beginning of 33 when Spider-Man is trapped under the wreckage... well, it's storytelling-via-art at its best (imo).

And no more knocking JRSR. :)

33 so ROCKS! All the drama up to it and then the Ditko art when he finally thrusts the machinery off himself is just...gulp...comic-book art at its peak! Being artistic, I was very much into Ditko and copied him endlessly as a youth...GREAT CALL! (thumbs u :banana:

You can knock JR Sr all you want. The guy made some sweet covers off and on when he put his mind to it, but I found the interiors to be rather dull.

I'm a Ditko guy but I totally respect Romita for his realistic approach. But nobody couldn't draw hot women like Jazzy John.

You can knock JR Sr all you want. The guy made some sweet covers off and on when he put his mind to it, but I found the interiors to be rather dull.

I'm a Ditko guy but I totally respect Romita for his realistic approach. But nobody couldn't draw hot women like Jazzy John.

Double negatives? I should email this to your English teacher Cap. (tsk)