• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

In terms of issues that I'll be picking up? Nothing that'll top this baby for sure. There are some board members who have been kind enough to set aside some books for me once I've paid my savings back (yourself included), and I will be picking those up as soon as I am able--all Spideys :grin: . SO, come late spring/early summer, I'm expecting to get back into comic buying full swing. :grin:

Oh yeah, I'm going to try and get a scan of the ASM #17 up that Andrew included in the deal as well. Pretty nice looking issue by my count.

(thumbs u

How many have you left to pick up?

Total Issue Range

79 1-100

59 101-200

72 201-300

28 301-328

4 329 <

242 73.8%

86 # of Issues Left to Complete Run

Nice thing, however, is the only key issue left is the semi-key, ASM 239. :grin: ALL downhill from here.

:banana:

I'm pretty excited too. I've got another 8 on hold (as I mentioned earlier), so yeah. I think there is a solid chance of finishing the run before the end '08!

How many fingers do you need to count your missing issues?-) Keep letting those other titles distract you from your missing John!

I'm pretty excited too. I've got another 8 on hold (as I mentioned earlier), so yeah. I think there is a solid chance of finishing the run before the end '08!

How many fingers do you need to count your missing issues?-) Keep letting those other titles distract you from your missing John!

That's the truth. I just picked up a GA Phantom Stranger from the recent Comic Link auction. I still need the ones listed in my signature line: 2-4 and Annual 1. As I'm looking for VGish copies ($300 to 400), it will likely take another 4 or 5 months to finish, unless I get distracted again. At some point, I would also like to pick up an AF 15, but that won't happen this year.

"I would also like to pick up an AF 15, but that won't happen this year."

Yeah, I hear you there--especially with aiming for a VG quality copy. In a way though, being as close as you are to finishing the run, I can totally understand delaying things a bit. I'm holding off on buying my final ASM because once the run is done... well, it seems a little bittersweet. I believe that ASM 201 will be the book I close my run out with since it's my birthday issue (FEB 1980). I'll probably try and spring for a relatively high grade copy as well- at least in the VF range.

I believe that ASM 201 will be the book I close my run out with since it's my birthday issue (FEB 1980).

The first ASM I bought off the stands. :headbang:

Old Man! lol

(actually I think that we're the same age :o)

Edited by piper

I believe that ASM 201 will be the book I close my run out with since it's my birthday issue (FEB 1980).

The first ASM I bought off the stands. :headbang:

Old Man! lol

(actually I think that we're the same age :o)

Birthday or not, I think it should be me calling you too "Old man"...or old men in this case. :)

I just finished reading the Strange Tales Annual 2 story and was frankly disappointed. :(

BTW Forrest, I don't think that Kirby's Spidey is that bad, even if it doesn't match up with Romita or Ditko. (shrug)

He did the Avengers 11 one right? I like that one... but the one does for STA2... eh, not so much. But the big picture was that he didn't really need to worry too much about ol' Webhead since he was literally too busy building the rest of the Marvel Empire. I think we can forgive him :grin:

Of course, I'm basing my call off his cover art. My one neurotic deal with my comic habit is I will not read a comic unless it's 1. the original copy (very few exceptions to this though there are a few) and 2. (and no exceptions here) I won't read it til I own it. Since I don't own a copy of STA2, I haven't read it (yet-- :hi: Aces)

I just finished reading the Strange Tales Annual 2 story and was frankly disappointed. :(

Is it worse than the backup story in ASM #8?

The backup story in ASM 8 is better.

Agreed - but a necessary read to completely follow the line from the beginning.

Avengers #11 is a little bit more interesting at least...

Thanks for the clarification. :eek:

Another ASM to my registry freshly graded from CGC:

Amazing Spider-man #71

Solid book dude!!!!! :-)

I used to have a 7.0. One of my first ASM CGC books in 2002.

A nice book at any grade.

Richard

THANKS!

John