• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

ASM # 10 DISCUSSION...

I posted this on an ASM 10 Buddy Can You Spare A Grade thread...but I haven't seen like discussion in past...interested in what others think about this cover...

I am an ASM collector and have owned this book for the better part of 40 years...this is a very interesting cover in the Ditko lineage...it is one of the rare Ditko/Kirby cover collaborations in the series...it has ALL the appearance of a rush/deadline dash-off...the only background whatsoever is the shadows of the Enforcers...the lack of depth behind Spidey and no shadow serves up perhaps the most 2-dimensional cover of all time...I mean, check out that left leg...flatter than a pancake...

Even though this is a great story in the rank, this cover has always bothered me artistically...

Photo if you don't have the book handy...

spidey10.jpg

Edited by trmoore54

I like the simplicity. It gets the message across easily while holding back mystery of where they are and any other conditions of the fight (like is Aunt May sick, are the cops on there way, in an enclosed space...) which make an ASM interesting.

I like the simplicity. It gets the message across easily while holding back mystery of where they are and any other conditions of the fight (like is Aunt May sick, are the cops on there way, in an enclosed space...) which make an ASM interesting.

I'ts called "Ditko sucks syndrome". Every once in a while a Ditko Spider-fan wakes from their trance, suddenly, to their horror, they can see Ditko for the artist he is.

:o

I'ts called "Ditko sucks syndrome". Every once in a while a Ditko Spider-fan wakes from their trance, suddenly, to their horror, they can see Ditko for the artist he is.

Ouch! How do you really feel? :D

I have to agree. :o

Ouch! How do you really feel? :D

The OP's question gave me the greenlight, I've been waiting a long time to get that one off. :whistle:

Anyone have an ASM 2 or 4 for sale? :insane:

Only 2 more to go? Are you still keeping up with the current issues? It'll reach #600 by next year. :insane:

I'm still reading! :banana:

I guess I could just go and buy the last two books from Metropolis, but I find there grading to be loose and I would rather buy my books here.

Anyone have an ASM 2 or 4 for sale? :insane:

Only 2 more to go? Are you still keeping up with the current issues? It'll reach #600 by next year. :insane:

I'm still reading! :banana:

I guess I could just go and buy the last two books from Metropolis, but I find there grading to be loose and I would rather buy my books here.

:hail:

ASM # 10 DISCUSSION...

I posted this on an ASM 10 Buddy Can You Spare A Grade thread...but I haven't seen like discussion in past...interested in what others think about this cover...

I am an ASM collector and have owned this book for the better part of 40 years...this is a very interesting cover in the Ditko lineage...it is one of the rare Ditko/Kirby cover collaborations in the series...it has ALL the appearance of a rush/deadline dash-off...the only background whatsoever is the shadows of the Enforcers...the lack of depth behind Spidey and no shadow serves up perhaps the most 2-dimensional cover of all time...I mean, check out that left leg...flatter than a pancake...

Even though this is a great story in the rank, this cover has always bothered me artistically...

Photo if you don't have the book handy...

spidey10.jpg

40 Years! Glad to know there are a few people older than me. :) Nice book, Tom.

The simplicity of the cover doesn't bother me at all...the one thing that bugs me is that pesky "L" in LEARN. I've seen a few with the L that's not on the spine. For the longest time I thought my low grade copy had just dropped the letter altogether.

Yes, I think that is the 3rd #6 purchased by a board member this week. Everyone has one but me , sniff sniff. Nice pick up, I consider 7.0 for ASM6 to be a bell ringer. Actually the book looks pretty nice for 7.0. Am I missing a flaw?

:foryou: I also don't have a #6--nor will I pick one up this week. :laugh:

Yes, I think that is the 3rd #6 purchased by a board member this week. Everyone has one but me , sniff sniff. Nice pick up, I consider 7.0 for ASM6 to be a bell ringer. Actually the book looks pretty nice for 7.0. Am I missing a flaw?

Maybe next week . lol

Maybe next week . lol

:think: