• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

Very nice, where did you get the copy of #4? Soon you will need a totally new sig line. What's next, Legion of Supa Heros?

I picked up a copy from Brent. I'm going to go after GA with a sprinkling of SA/BA keys just to keep things interesting....

See ya' in a week! I'm off to the Okanagon for a little R&R.

Thing I liked the Ditko Dr Stange stuff more than ASM.

me too.

it's really tuff for me to actually liek someone who really didn't do that much compared to the other guys like Romita, Kirby, N. Adams, Infantino, etcc....

I don't have the stats available, and I realize you are just relegating Ditko to 39 ASM issues plus a few annuals etc. But Stevey I believe was at least as prolific and some of those other guys you mentioned (not Kirby...I'm not sure no one can surpass Kriby) but Ditko was drawing tons of Sci-Fi, pre-hero Monster, Mystery, etc. etc. for both Charlton, Atlas and early Marvel...and if not for his falling out with Stan Lee & company he wouldn't have had such a short Spidey run but for me, his artwork was unique and of its time...the guy could f*@&in' draw, Man! :baiting::headbang:

Edited by trmoore54

To whom it may concern:

I finally finished an ASM run!* Woo hoo!

:acclaim:

*No, not including all the variants.

Let's see scans! :popcorn:

I'm finnaly filling in some major holes in my ASM collection.

If things go well, I hope to have either an AF 15 or ASM 1 in the very near future :wishluck:

ASM #1 Golden Record reprint PGX 8.0

ASM1GoldenRecord.jpg

ASM #3 PGX 4.0

ASM3.jpg

ASM #5 - Raw, probaly around a 3.0

ASM5.jpg

ASM #6 -Raw, probaly around a 3.0

ASM6.jpg

ASM #7 - Raw, probaly around a 3.0 as well.

ASM7.jpg

Thing I liked the Ditko Dr Stange stuff more than ASM.

me too.

it's really tuff for me to actually liek someone who really didn't do that much compared to the other guys like Romita, Kirby, N. Adams, Infantino, etcc....

I don't have the stats available, and I realize you are just relegating Ditko to 39 ASM issues plus a few annuals etc. But Stevey I believe was at least as prolific and some of those other guys you mentioned (not Kirby...I'm not sure no one can surpass Kriby) but Ditko was drawing tons of Sci-Fi, pre-hero Monster, Mystery, etc. etc. for both Charlton, Atlas and early Marvel...and if not for his falling out with Stan Lee & company he wouldn't have had such a short Spidey run but for me, his artwork was unique and of its time...the guy could f*@&in' draw, Man! :baiting::headbang:

I guess I must agree with you. Ditko almost owned the artist chores at Charlton and he was a mainstay at Marvel/Atlas prior to the Super Hero revolution. I also would agree that he had a unique style. I guess I fall into the 'he's good but not supa great category'.

Very nice, where did you get the copy of #4? Soon you will need a totally new sig line. What's next, Legion of Supa Heros?

I picked up a copy from Brent. I'm going to go after GA with a sprinkling of SA/BA keys just to keep things interesting....

See ya' in a week! I'm off to the Okanagon for a little R&R.

Congrats Piper, have fun in the Okanagon. If you get a chance go to Nelson, cool place.

mike youre breaking my balls

i need evidence

no.... well, okay. i threw in a GRR. 13 is a beater. i need an upgrade.

Some people are soooooooooooo easy to hate.

Nice comics mate.

Thanks. It was all this or driving a nicer car. I took the Spideys. ;)