• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

You'd be surprised though. Once you land all of the keys and only have filler issues left, it can really inhibit the drive. I've been stuck ever since landing the last of the ASM keys (well, sorta...there is one from the 1-100 I'm missing, but the owner and I have an understanding :grin: )

Yes sir but waiting on keys can cost you money. Just look at what a low grade AF15 and ASM1 was selling for 2-4 years ago compared lately. Anyhow, I feel good about completing my collection. I mean most of the books on my list are in the first 100's which I'm really looking forward to.

Hey guys, pretty interesting results on the poll, eh? Anyhow, hope y'all enjoyed it. With the new school year now starting and my having been stuck in training all last week, this week, and most of next, I probably won't be able to revamp the Survivor Series for at least some time. BUT, I'll see what I can do a few weeks from now once the routine has finally kicked in. :)

Hey guys, pretty interesting results on the poll, eh? Anyhow, hope y'all enjoyed it. With the new school year now starting and my having been stuck in training all last week, this week, and most of next, I probably won't be able to revamp the Survivor Series for at least some time. BUT, I'll see what I can do a few weeks from now once the routine has finally kicked in. :)

Thanks for putting that poll together MacMan! Lots of fun!

Anyone else close to completing an ASM run?

Just started mine earlier this year. I've got most of 80-127 in the can along with a few keys like #3 and #6......I'm only assembling a reader collection Good to Fine.

I figure it should take me the best part of a decade to get #1-80 all completed...not to mention AF15.

Side note: I'm also putting together FF #1-126 at the same time this is going on....again, should take me the best part of the next decade....should be fun!

I'm gradually closing in on it; I need these 25 issues (to have #1-566)--20 Silver Agers and 5 more recent ones:

#2-7

12-13

15-16

18-21

27-28

Vol. 2

#531-532

This will be especially sweet since, like a knucklehead :doh:, I once, back in '92, had a complete set (#1-362) but sold off many of my early ones that year.

Oh, and a big thank you to RikkiB, who GAVE me #561-566 which I needed because my LCS has been closed since early this summer.

I'm gradually closing in on it; I need these 25 issues (to have #1-566)--20 Silver Agers and 5 more recent ones:

#2-7

12-13

15-16

18-21

27-28

Vol. 2

#531-532

This will be especially sweet since, like a knucklehead :doh:, I once, back in '92, had a complete set (#1-362) but sold off many of my early ones that year.

Oh, and a big thank you to RikkiB, who GAVE me #561-566 which I needed because my LCS has been closed since early this summer.

:whistle:

08-29-2008070948PM.jpg

08-29-2008071036PM.jpg

:whistle: