• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

It'll become a 9.8 during shipping :insane:

I've been waiting for the announcement that you've finished the run. Taking a break?

:juggle:zzz

Kind of...My wifey is being let go from her job as they are outsourcing her position to India :(

It'll become a 9.8 during shipping :insane:

I've been waiting for the announcement that you've finished the run. Taking a break?

:juggle:zzz

Kind of...My wifey is being let go from her job as they are outsourcing her position to India :(

I'm sorry to hear it bro. :( Lot of that going around. Good luck and hang in there...

Popped my SS Cherry for the probably the only time.

Stan Lee is worth it.

ASM #1 is for resale, and the ASM #14 I got because it is my favorite cover of the run so that goes in my persoanl vault.

20091021122958368_0002.jpg

20091021122958368_0001.jpg

Popped my SS Cherry for the probably the only time.

Stan Lee is worth it.

ASM #1 is for resale, and the ASM #14 I got because it is my favorite cover of the run so that goes in my persoanl vault.

20091021122958368_0002.jpg

20091021122958368_0001.jpg

Very nice John and CONGRATS! You picked IMO perfect copies for signing and got them signed in nice spots as well...and he looks like he was sober when he signed your copies... lol

finally got me a nice copy

heatherswedding.jpg

Nice book c-mack. I haven't had a 129 since I was 10 in 1990. Traded my neighbour a bunch of crappy hockey cards for it and than it turned out it was his dads and he was pissed and wanted it back :( His dad came over to my house and I said I didn't know what he was talking about lol than he asked to speak to my dad :(

"Just give him the comic back"

:mad: whatever

It was actually a lower grade pos but at that age :takeit:

yeah i hag a few low grade copies and then when i finally thought i had a nice F/VF i find out cgc graded it a 5.5 so lucky for me a buddy in town had this beauty he was willing to give up so now <3

Well... I have some exciting news to share and this is (to me) THE Amazing Spider-Man collecting thread I like to frequent most.

After my trip to Boston's Comic Con yesterday, I have officially completed my Amazing Spider-Man run 1-328 + AF 15. I still have some annuals to police up, but all in all it's a bit surreal to think about. The last four books actually were some mid grade (5.0-8.0) copies of ASM 219, 223, 236, and 281 and what a fitting way to end it considering the first ASMs I bought for my collection when I started going after this run were ASM 154 and 155 in low-to-mid grade that I bought on eBay (which I've since learned much about doh! ).

Anyhow guys, I have to say that many of the books in my collection came from many of you or at least from leads many of you passed on to me. This is a pretty exciting weekend for my collection so thanks again!

spideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gif

Well, I still need a Conan 16 (Frost Giant's Daughter issue--totaly classic) to finish my Conan 1-25 run, but otherwise, it's getting slim in terms of SA-Modern runs. X-Men 94-300 still has a little work left to it, but that's a really easy one (esp. when all of the keys have been acquired :) ).

But yeah... might begin dipping more into GA Bats and Supes :eek:

Well... I have some exciting news to share and this is (to me) THE Amazing Spider-Man collecting thread I like to frequent most.

After my trip to Boston's Comic Con yesterday, I have officially completed my Amazing Spider-Man run 1-328 + AF 15. I still have some annuals to police up, but all in all it's a bit surreal to think about. The last four books actually were some mid grade (5.0-8.0) copies of ASM 219, 223, 236, and 281 and what a fitting way to end it considering the first ASMs I bought for my collection when I started going after this run were ASM 154 and 155 in low-to-mid grade that I bought on eBay (which I've since learned much about doh! ).

Anyhow guys, I have to say that many of the books in my collection came from many of you or at least from leads many of you passed on to me. This is a pretty exciting weekend for my collection so thanks again!

spideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gif

:hail:

:headbang: