• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

I'm going to largely attribute the final sales price of these two books to the Thanksgiving Day weekend, either people committing their spare dollars to other purchases or still saving/keeping their cash for Christmas purchases... (?) (shrug)

Or could there be some definite softening of the market for at least some ASM titles...granted ASM 64 in 9.4 is a VERY prevalent book, but it's been a $250 book pretty solid for at least 2-3 years...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200411115998&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

On the other hand #80 had a $415 average in 2007 (5 books, recorded sales GPA) and then slipped down to a $356+ average the last year or two and now a $329 sale...and this was a WHITE pager...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200411116216&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm going to largely attribute the final sales price of these two books to the Thanksgiving Day weekend, either people committing their spare dollars to other purchases or still saving/keeping their cash for Christmas purchases... (?) (shrug)

Or could there be some definite softening of the market for at least some ASM titles...granted ASM 64 in 9.4 is a VERY prevalent book, but it's been a $250 book pretty solid for at least 2-3 years...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200411115998&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

On the other hand #80 had a $415 average in 2007 (5 books, recorded sales GPA) and then slipped down to a $356+ average the last year or two and now a $329 sale...and this was a WHITE pager...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200411116216&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I guess I'm gonna have to watch Jeff's eBay auctions more closely. hm

I've always assumed ASM 64 was a warehouse find issue.

Based on the cgc census numbers

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 23

Near Mint + 9.6 81

Near Mint 9.4 105

Near Mint - 9.2 94

These blow the issue right above and below it out of the water.

The problem isn't the economy, but like you said many people are not around that weekend to remember or try to bid.

The seller is at fault for having these books end on a travel weekend.

Hence why you never really see a major convention or internet comic auction listing end on these kind of weekends.

...............but the main probem he is selling the books on eBay.

If I stop going there then how many hundreds of other collectors have stopped.

:preach:

I assume that I can't find a decent amount of HG ASM on eBay more besides there idiotic Buy I Now at 10x GPA.

Ebay is the WORST place on the internet to sell really nice comics, and a place where buyers can take advantage of not many collectors searching the site anymore.

eBay in terms of comis is a wasteland of junk.

He would have gotten more money on any other auction site than eBay.

Edited by spiderman-on-tilt

The problem isn't the economy, but like you said many people are not around that weekend to remember or try to bid.

Hence why you never really see a major convention or internet comic auction listing end on these kind of weekends.

I assume that I can't find a decent amount of HG ASM on eBay more besides there idiotic Buy I Now at 10x GPA.

Ebay is the WORST place on the internet to sell really nice comics, and a place where buyers can take advantage of not many collectors searching the site anymore.

I agree 100% that was an ill-fated auction ending date...I will chalk this up to an anomoly based on the obvious given factors...

I don't know if I can agree with you 100% John...robojo just sold a raw HG FF 4 for like $3200...dizneyart seems to sell exclusively on eBay...I buy there very little but track many many books and most go for market if not GPA on keys etc.

I can understand your disdain but the EB marketplace is far from dead... :gossip: there are a LOT of people in the world...

good luck on your move to Philly!

t

I agree 100% that was an ill-fated auction ending date...I will chalk this up to an anomoly based on the obvious given factors...

I don't know if I can agree with you 100% John...robojo just sold a raw HG FF 4 for like $3200...dizneyart seems to sell exclusively on eBay...I buy there very little but track many many books and most go for market if not GPA on keys etc.

I can understand your disdain but the EB marketplace is far from dead... :gossip: there are a LOT of people in the world...

good luck on your move to Philly!

t

If you start an auction at the normal .99c and No Reserve then eBay is death Valley pre-1980.

Captain America #2...high grade..sold on E-Bay about a month ago with a .99 cent starting price, and sold for $102,000.00.....along with about 20 other keys (GA &SA) from the same seller...all at premium prices....and all with a 0.99 starting bid price..

It depends on who is selling...and what they are offering.... hm

By the way the seller was our fellow Board member Filter81. :banana:

Captain America #2...high grade..sold on E-Bay about a month ago with a .99 cent starting price, and sold for $102,000.00.....along with about 20 other keys (GA &SA) from the same seller...all at premium prices....and all with a 0.99 starting bid price..

It depends on who is selling...and what they are offering.... hm

By the way the seller was our fellow Board member Filter81. :banana:

Alot of the mover and shakers go to C-Link, CC, or hertitage.

Your chance of generating a higher premium for your books is much higher there than on eBay.

courtesy of the Mound auction today.

the corners are great. The key problem area that kept this book from getting higher grade imho is the top edge of the back cover. The overhang wasn't pretty and I can see it from the scan prior to the auction and in hand, it wasn't as bad.

asm2.jpg

Page 300 for the Spidey Thread!!

:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: