• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

I have a decent run from 1 to 129, I think I am missing about 10 issues. Sold off my AF 15 last month to save up money for something better.

I am also have a 2 complete run of Peter Parker Spetacular run from 1 to 40, mostly in 9.8, only if i can find someone to take one of them off my hand :tonofbricks:

I have a decent run from 1 to 129, I think I am missing about 10 issues. Sold off my AF 15 last month to save up money for something better.

I am also have a 2 complete run of Peter Parker Spetacular run from 1 to 40, mostly in 9.8, only if i can find someone to take one of them off my hand :tonofbricks:

Did you say someone needs to take your #2 off your hands ?? :baiting:

I had a complete run from 1 to current until recently. I now have 1 to 100 plus 121, 122, 129, 300. I sold the others to buy an AF15.

and yes...I've been keeping up with the post brand new day styorylines.

With Blazingbob just agreeing to sell me an AMS #3 I am down to needing 4 issues to complere my run of #1 - 50 in CGC 8.0 or better. Unfortunately #1 is one of the remaining 4 issues :(

The other three issues are 5 (worst issue in the first 50 that I have a hard time turning over $$$'s for), 43 and 48.

Besides the first 50 I have about half the issues to 100 and then a complete run in NM or better from 122 to 500 something.

With Blazingbob just agreeing to sell me an AMS #3 I am down to needing 4 issues to complere my run of #1 - 50 in CGC 8.0 or better. Unfortunately #1 is one of the remaining 4 issues :(

I was in that exact same boat for about five years. Spidey #1 is kind of a thorn in my side...not a huge key like AF15, yet carries a price far heftier than any other #2 around because it happens to be labelled as a first issue. :eek:

:hi:

Let me just say... I love Spider-Man. Yes, yes, yes... I KNOW some of you found out recently I've been getting into GA--and Jon ISN'T (or is ;) ) helping any--but my loyalties will always be to my favorite webslinger.

:cloud9:

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. :grin:

But yup! I have a complete run that includes Amazing Fantasy 15, Amazing Spider-Man 1-328, along with all other 'keys' that follow (1st Carnage, WTC cover, Spider-Man unmasking, & the Obama issue--though I only have the Romita newsstand cover). I have... most of the ASM annuals as well--though this part still needs some work. I do have the Ditko-tastic ASM Annual 1 though--a MUST buy if you haven't done so already.

It's funny because I was attending a local show recently and collecting niches came up in the conversation. I'm proud to own my run of ASM but never really thought it was TERRIBLY impressive when compared to so many of the other collections on the board. I love my comics, but I see them as my little rag-tag band of funny books--my "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" pedigree if you will. The average grade runs about G/VG with the overall quality improving as you move up in age and down as they get older. ANYHOW, I mentioned this to the other collectors/dealers there and you should have seen their jaws drop. One dealer even mentioned that if I ever wanted to sell, he'd be there right away. lol I think I could feel my books blushing from the many miles away. Anyhow, I guess sometimes it can be easy to lose track of how one's collection stacks up in the real world when compared to some of the absolutely mind-blowing ones on these boards that get showcased now and then.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again--there is really nothing like owning Silver Age ASMs. Ditko and Romita are just tops! :sumo:

:hi:

Let me just say... I love Spider-Man. Yes, yes, yes... I KNOW some of you found out recently I've been getting into GA--and Jon ISN'T (or is ;) ) helping any--but my loyalties will always be to my favorite webslinger.

:cloud9:

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. :grin:

But yup! I have a complete run that includes Amazing Fantasy 15, Amazing Spider-Man 1-328, along with all other 'keys' that follow (1st Carnage, WTC cover, Spider-Man unmasking, & the Obama issue--though I only have the Romita newsstand cover). I have... most of the ASM annuals as well--though this part still needs some work. I do have the Ditko-tastic ASM Annual 1 though--a MUST buy if you haven't done so already.

It's funny because I was attending a local show recently and collecting niches came up in the conversation. I'm proud to own my run of ASM but never really thought it was TERRIBLY impressive when compared to so many of the other collections on the board. I love my comics, but I see them as my little rag-tag band of funny books--my "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" pedigree if you will. The average grade runs about G/VG with the overall quality improving as you move up in age and down as they get older. ANYHOW, I mentioned this to the other collectors/dealers there and you should have seen their jaws drop. One dealer even mentioned that if I ever wanted to sell, he'd be there right away. lol I think I could feel my books blushing from the many miles away. Anyhow, I guess sometimes it can be easy to lose track of how one's collection stacks up in the real world when compared to some of the absolutely mind-blowing ones on these boards that get showcased now and then.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again--there is really nothing like owning Silver Age ASMs. Ditko and Romita are just tops! :sumo:

(worship)

Okay, you ASM fiends. It's been brought up before, but it seems like it's been a while...

Who has a complete run of ASM on some level?

#1-50?

#1-100?

#1-200?

#1-300?

#1-328?

#1-441? (silverweb, for one, take a bow :gossip:)

#1-present?

Chime in if you have some kind of sweet ASM run...OR if you're really close (say, less than 10 issues :shrug:). Or chime in if you know of a boardie who has a complete run but doesn't drop in as frequently.

:popcorn:

I have a complete Amazing Spider-Man run from 1 through the present of which 226 of them are slabbed. My eventual goal is to have all of them slabbed including all 6 Giant-Size and all of the annuals. I'll be paying off the Amazing Fantasy #15 sometime next week (my 1st copy) and should have it in-hand later this month.

I also have complete runs of Spectacular Spider-Man, Web of Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man and just about any other series run he's been in. Yeah, I'm crazed. :insane:

I forgot about the Shark Man and his lunacy. I still wish I hadn't sold you my #300 9.4 (WP). :frustrated: I have the hole filled, but it's a low to mid-grade raw copy. :whistle:

226 ASM slabs. Not too shabby. I only have about 50. :gossip:

:hi: I've got ASM #1-64.

I like (& have) scattered issues after #64, but haven't pursued the run any further.

:thumbsup: And I appreciate the #50 I recently got from you. :banana:

What grade is your #1?

Oh, and kudos to you for starting this very thread over 3 1/2 years ago. :hail:

Edited by cloudofwit

#1-129 is indeed a pretty sweet run...but you sold your AF #15 to save up for something better?! :sumo: The nerve.

:baiting:

I had a complete run from 1 to current until recently. I now have 1 to 100 plus 121, 122, 129, 300. I sold the others to buy an AF15.

and yes...I've been keeping up with the post brand new day styorylines.

One of the faithful thrice-monthly readers, eh? :hail:

Maybe I should mimic what you did and sell off some of my set to get that dang elusive AF #15. :think:

i have 2-50

working on upgrading and eventually going for a mid grade # 1

The tortoise man is slowly but surely doing it. Actually, as of late, I'd say it's been more like a speedy hare: you've been on a buying/selling/trading spree. :headbang:

Incidentally, I can report my jealously in advance when you land that mid-grade #1. :cry:

I have two local friends with complete runs.

Once upon a time i did have an excellent run 11 - 93, alas, no more :cry:

Time to recapture #11-93. Then get #94-100. Then #1-10. Then do the dance.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

once upon a time I had 50-200 in 9.4 or higher

:whatthe:

I know for a fact that I have #200 in 9.4. :lol:

When one gets into the Tec #27 realm, I guess ASM #50-200, even in high grade, becomes not exactly the challenge. :whistle:

The other three issues are 5 (worst issue in the first 50 that I have a hard time turning over $$$'s for), 43 and 48.

Besides the first 50 I have about half the issues to 100 and then a complete run in NM or better from 122 to 500 something.

#1-50 in 8.0 or better?! :whatthe:

4 issues to go! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Edited by cloudofwit