• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,476 posts in this topic

I'm really happy about this book. IMO it presents much better than a 6.0 .

No chips, no writing, shiny clean staples, very bright, just a small stain mostly noticable on the BC.

This is the 3rd copy of this book I have owned in my lifetime.

- My first copy cost me 12 cents off the rack, yes I am old. I distinctly remember being excited when it came in. I folded it and put it in my back pocket and went immediately home to read it. When I was 17, I gave it to my nephew and my sister eventually threw it out.

- I got my 2nd copy about 2001 in CGC 7.0 off of E-Bay. I sold it a couple years ago and have been without until today.

Thanks for listening.

005.jpg

006.jpg

Bob,

Great story!!! I also bought my first (and only) copy off the stands. I sold it in 2001 to help pay for my daughter's college tuition. One day I will own another.

Your 6.0 was definitely worth the wait. Very pretty copy!!! :cloud9:

— Rick

No chips, no writing, shiny clean staples, very bright, just a small stain mostly noticable on the BC.

- My first copy cost me 12 cents off the rack, yes I am old. I distinctly remember being excited when it came in. I folded it and put it in my back pocket and went immediately home to read it. When I was 17, I gave it to my nephew and my sister eventually threw it out.

- I got my 2nd copy about 2001 in CGC 7.0 off of E-Bay. I sold it a couple years ago and have been without until today.

Thanks for listening.

005.jpg

006.jpg

That's a beautiful copy . . . definitely presents well! Just out of curiosity, where did you find your copy? Scouring the internet, like I often do; at a show; private sale . . . .? I haven't been to a show in many years. I'm hoping to go to WonderCon and San Diego next year . . I may have to wait 'til one of those before I find the copy of ASM #1 or AF #15 I've been looking for. Until then, I'll just stay envious. :applause:

Thanks for listening.

Bob,

Great story!!! I also bought my first (and only) copy off the stands. I sold it in 2001 to help pay for my daughter's college tuition. One day I will own another.

Your 6.0 was definitely worth the wait. Very pretty copy!!! :cloud9:

— Rick

Rick, thanks. It was a great time to be a kid that enjoyed comics. I stopped collecting soon after the Beatles came out. I had to make a choice, records or comics, I couldn't afford both.

Thanks for listening.

That's a beautiful copy . . . definitely presents well! Just out of curiosity, where did you find your copy? Scouring the internet, like I often do; at a show; private sale . . . .? I haven't been to a show in many years. I'm hoping to go to WonderCon and San Diego next year . . I may have to wait 'til one of those before I find the copy of ASM #1 or AF #15 I've been looking for. Until then, I'll just stay envious. :applause:

Thanks. I got this from a dealer friend of mine. He bought it raw. The seller wanted to sell it as a 7.5, my friend thought it was 6.5 because of the stain. He submitted it just last month and it got the 6.0 . He knew I was looking for a copy and contacted me. I feel very fortunate to have it. It's a keeper.

Thanks for listening.

005.jpg

006.jpg

Awesome book !!!!! (worship)

Thanks for listening.

005.jpg

006.jpg

Congratulations! :applause:

Thanks for listening.

005.jpg

006.jpg

Congratulations! :applause:

Sweeeeeet book bomber-bob! And great back-story...thx for sharing that! :headbang:

VERY neat...but since you can get an exact reproduction with today's printing that's far cheaper...not original reproductions like that are worth $355. hm

Sending this beauty to get SS'd by Stan. I've owned it for about 20 years, and other than the chipping (and a 1" spine split) (and some light NBC wrinkles) it really presents well. I'll let you guys know what it comes back as. I also posted it in the "spare a grade" thread, but thought it deserved to go here too.

ASM02.jpg

got this in yesterday :headbang:

as36.jpg

..and this today lol

lo.jpg

goes well with my keeper though (thumbs u

hi-lo.jpg

Nice! :applause:

Always wondered why the Goblin wasn't a member of the Sinister Six (Seven) !! (shrug)

Always wondered why the Goblin wasn't a member of the Sinister Six (Seven) !! (shrug)

I think the annual came out between issues #16 and #17. Gobby is in #17 so they probably didn't want to use him twice in different stories so close to each other (shrug)