• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Thank you! I thought they both looked damn nice and imo, the 48 was dirt cheap. I was prepared to go a decent amount higher. The 52, went right about where i wanted so i'm pretty stoked even after missing the 4.0 AF 15 and the 9.2 ASM 14.

I hear ya with the #10. I came REAL close to doing the same with the 14. I wanted it BAD and almost chased it regardless of price. At the last second though, i figured i'd be better off getting a few ASM(48,52) hopefully a few FF, and a few X-men i REALLY want for the same price as the 14 would have cost me.

Of course though, if i dont get the FF or X-men i want, i'm gonna be kicking myself for not chasing the 14! lol

I know a couple of people who also wanted those #14's, don't feel too unlucky. I should have held off on the #10 because it's not that tough to find, but I'm pleased to have won the #11, that is super tough in any grade. So I'll get over the price thing and be happy with the end results. Regards,

Sorry! :signofftopic:

Does anyone know if a boardie got either ASM 25's? The 9.2 was BEAUTIFUL!

Looking at the pics again now, i really, really regret now chasing the 9.2 ASM 25. Whoever got that is loving life right now.

What did anyone else get?

The Northland copy of #2 got sniped. The 6.0 copy of #3 got hit too. Luckily for our boardie the #6 & 10 were safe. Mine just ended and I got to keep it too. :banana:

Fell asleep (being in UK doesn't help me in a CL auction) so missed the bidding for everything last night.

Still managed to win the ASM #6 and ASM #15 9.4s.

Will post when get home.

Congrats everyone! Let see some pics up soon :wishluck:

I posted my lone win when I first "won" it, and now that it is really mine I will list it again. I don't swim in the deep end of the pool like a lot of you big spenders, but I like VF range books with nice PQ just fine!

RAD558792010112_165331.jpg

I posted my lone win when I first "won" it, and now that it is really mine I will list it again. I don't swim in the deep end of the pool like a lot of you big spenders, but I like VF range books with nice PQ just fine!

RAD558792010112_165331.jpg

I am with you... I have no desire to own books higher than VF...huge price premiums for minimal visual improvement... doh!

I am with you... I have no desire to own books higher than VF...huge price premiums for minimal visual improvement... doh!

Yeah, my brother and I often talk about those several thousand dollar stress marks that drop a book from an obscenely high grade to just a super high grade. I would love to roll with the 9.6-9.4 ASM crowd, I'm not going to lie, but for my tax bracket I have no problem with pretty VF books. I'll always enjoy buying 3-4 pretty (and in my mind anyway VF is still high grade) books as opposed to stretching for one ultra high grade copy. But I don't begrudge others the option to buy those beauties if that is what they love, and I can live vicariously through my deeper pocketed bretheren on these boards!

Here was my haul from the Spidey lot. Missed a few i would have loved to have but REALLY happy with these 2 books. In my eyes, both look VERY nice for the grade and price.

spidey1.jpg

spidey2.jpg

:applause: Congrats! Love the WP on the #52!

Thank you!

Does anyone know, i couldnt tell, is that a big crease at the top or just a glare from the case?

Either way, i still love it. Figured it was a glare or if it is a fault, the rest of the book looks like a 9.8. Still a great looking cover imo.

I did not win this one but how beautiful is that cover on the 9.2 25???

I was so focused on the 14 yesterday, i never really considered this one until it was too late. I wish i would have forgot about the 14 and went after this one last night. Kicking my self bigtime! I cant stop looking at that cover!

spidey3.jpg

spidey3.jpg

Are there ANY copies of #25 that don't have the upside-down trapezoid cut where the bottom is half an inch to an inch narrower than the top? Every copy I've ever seen is cut like that...both of mine are:

spidey25.jpgspidey25_heroes.jpg

They must ALL be like that. I just looked at the 9.6 and 9.4 from CL last night and they both have the exact same shape as the others. So both of yours and all 3 HG's on CL last night all have it. Never noticed that before.