• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Hey,

I am missing nos. 2, 6, 8 and Annual 1.

However,

my no. 1 is a restored (amateur) CGC 4.5.

That`s cool, okay, but I always feel a little uncomfortable about the bad restoration issue. What do you think as you all surely collect with a lot of heart and soul?

Thanks Rainer

(shrug)

Hey,

However,

That`s cool, okay, but I always feel a little uncomfortable about the bad restoration issue. What do you think as you all surely collect with a lot of heart and soul?

Thanks Rainer

(shrug)

As long as it's cool with you is what really matters. (thumbs u

Hey,

However,

Thanks Rainer

(shrug)

As long as it's cool with you is what really matters. (thumbs u

+1 My #1 is a 3.0 (granted, it is a blue label) and my #2 is currently a 2.5 with amateur restoration. I still love the book even with the minor color touch that I can't really find but apparently (sorry, bad pun) is there. If you like the book then the color of the label shouldn't bother you too much. As much as I would like to swim in the deep end of the pool and buy a 9.2 copy of #1 that just isn't going to happen barring a major miracle or two. So I am quite happy with lower grade books with super eye appeal for the low numbers. They take a bit of work to find sometimes, but that is a lot of the fun of collecting anyway. 2c

How about a picture or scan of your #1? You just can't have too many pictures in these threads!

"Gaudin's entire collection [of ASMs] is estimated to be worth more than a quarter million dollars."

Er... can I see the math on that? hm

No. :P Everybody knows comics is worth crazy money these days. icon_e_hypnotized.gif

http://www.examiner.com/social-policy-in-vancouver/comic-fan-sacrificing-250k-spider-man-collection

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110219/bc_spider_man_collection_110219/20110219?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

"Gaudin's entire collection [of ASMs] is estimated to be worth more than a quarter million dollars."

Must have been a majorly slow news day...I want to see the follow up story with the actual realized prices.

On the one hand, the copies they showed appeared to be in very high grade, so that figure could be correct. On the other hand, he was opening the covers so widely and putting so much stress on the staples that I can't imagine they're actually in the 9.4 to 9.6 shape they'd have to be in to sell for the amount he's thinking. He said that Spidey #1 "has been selling for between $100,000 to $125,000," which is accurate IF it's a 9.6, but his are mostly raw, and most likely not in that shape.

Puffy, potentially misleading piece. If they were slabbed with grades attached it'd be more compelling.

:bump: Just happened to see this on Youtube.

"A wee-slider fond of a web-slinger".

I stopped watching after I heard that.