• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone! I'm quite happy with it.

I'd like to own a Pacific Coast book some day...sniffle... :cry:

( :gossip: Nice book! )

There seem to be a few hitting the market lately, so you might get a chance...

I was outbid by $2 at the last second on the #81 in the January CLink auction. :frustrated: This one showed up in the March CLink auction, and now the #122 is on the block in this month's auction. I'm tempted to chase the #122, but a bronze age key from a major pedigree is probably going to command a huge premium.

I can't remember the last time I saw three Pacific Coast ASMs go on the market inside three months. In fact, I think I only saw two on the market all last year...

Thats a DAMN nice copy you got there LOKI! (thumbs u

I dont know what the census says but thats an issue you rarely see in any grader much less HG. CONGRATS! :applause:

Thanks. It presents very nicely for a 9.2, but there's some slight damage around the lower staple on the back cover. That's probably the major defect holding it back from a 9.4 or 9.6 candidate.

There's actually quite a few of these in HG (6 in 98, 23 in 9.6, and 49 in 9.4), but you're right - they don't seem to be available all that often. GPA only recorded ten sales of 9.2 or greater all last year.

Wow! That is a lot of HG copies in the census. Thats pretty surprising.

I would have guessed it would be about half of those numbers based on how often you see them in the auctions. I dont follow ASM as closely in the auctions as i do Avengers and X-men but from say 60-100, i would have guessed that was one of the rarer issues in HG since i barely ever seem to see them in the auctions.

This is one of my favorite books in my whole collection. I bought it 1993 or 1994 at my LCS (Roger's Comics, now The Time Machine). I've always wondered what these Silver Age books looked like when they hit the spinner racks all those years ago. When I saw this book, I finally had a good idea.

ASM42.jpg

This is one of my favorite books in my whole collection. I bought it 1993 or 1994 at my LCS (Roger's Comics, now The Time Machine). I've always wondered what these Silver Age books looked like when they hit the spinner racks all those years ago. When I saw this book, I finally had a good idea.

ASM42.jpg

Super nice 1st appearance of Mary Jane there.

What's your #63 look like? That one is really scarce in HG's.

It doesn't have the same deep colors as the #42, but I'm still happy with it.

ASM63-96.jpg

I miss my 63 9.4...sniffles... :cry:

Gee I wonder who has that one now... :headbang:

ASM63-96.jpg

I miss my 63 9.4...sniffles... :cry:

Gee I wonder who has that one now... :headbang:

One of my favorite covers from the run. :cloud9:

ASM63-96.jpg

(worship) That's nuts. One of the best ASM #63s in the world. :applause:

Same goes for Ghost Towns ASM #42

Keep sharing, I love looking at this stuff.

Edited by Boboset