• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

A couple of recent board purchases

A4_1.jpg

A5_1.jpg

Sweet NM- old labels, Frank. You're on an ASM roll lately. Are you tracking down the first 100 or more?

I'd like to get the first 300 and 20 annuals in 9.0 or better, but I've been buying a lot of more recent moderns as well...so who knows (shrug)

Nice #4 Frankie! and CONGRATS on the run completion! :headbang:

Now what'll you do??!! :o

:think: Upgrade, of course. :insane:

Thanks alot everyone! (thumbs u I am pretty happy with most of the grades of my Amazing run. Maybe upgrade some. I still have alot more issues to buy to have all the 1960s Marvels. :cloud9: But its great to get the hardest title (price wise) out of the way!

Nice haul, you def got busy on scooping up some ASM

Trying to complete a 1-50 run

Good luck on the run. You have added some nice books! I like your avatar...I liked Portal 2 alot!!! Never played the stand alone DLC. Or the Orange Box. Was that the same game? The DLC and the Orange Box?

Nice haul, you def got busy on scooping up some ASM

Trying to complete a 1-50 run

Good luck on the run. You have added some nice books! I like your avatar...I liked Portal 2 alot!!! Never played the stand alone DLC. Or the Orange Box. Was that the same game? The DLC and the Orange Box?

Yea I got the orange box thinking it would be a different Portal game but it is exactly the same besides a few training levels

Just got this at the LCS....an older disabled lady was taking her childhood ASM run around town for offers and Mark picked 'em up. He was calling it a VG and was kind enough to let me apply a nice chunk of trade with some money to help take the bite out of it. It's possibly a little nicer than a VG. I now have the first appearance of all the Sinister Six :cloud9: I've never owned a 2 and I'm pretty happy. Only problem, now I've got to run a sales thread soon.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ASM2.jpg

Just got this at the LCS....an older disabled lady was taking her childhood ASM run around town for offers and Mark picked 'em up. He was calling it a VG and was kind enough to let me apply a nice chunk of trade with some money to help take the bite out of it. It's possibly a little nicer than a VG. I now have the first appearance of all the Sinister Six :cloud9: I've never owned a 2 and I'm pretty happy. Only problem, now I've got to run a sales thread soon.GOD BLESS...

ASM2.jpg

Nice book Jim :)

ASM2.jpg

Nice book Jim :)

Yeah that copy looks pretty sharp! Congrats! :applause: I got that Battle 68 you pointed out yesterday in the mail. Thanks again!

....thanks, guys. It presents pretty well....it's got a tiny piece on the back that will likely break off someday....but the pages are real nice. GOD BLESS...

Just got the last book I needed to have a complete Amazing Spider Man set....from #1 to current issue. Only took over 20 years. :tonofbricks:

Amazing Spider-Man #4 CGC 4.0 First Sandman!!! :headbang:

2012-07-28093433.jpg[/img]

(worship) Very cool!

Congrats!!! I'm only missing 10 issues myself, but it'll be awhile before I complete it, as the 10 I'm missing are 1,2,3,4,7,9,10,11,14 & 16. They won't come cheap.

....thanks, guys. It presents pretty well....it's got a tiny piece on the back that will likely break off someday....but the pages are real nice. GOD BLESS...

Great find Jim, being in the right place at the right time, well done.

...over the years some of the LCS owners have become pretty good friends. Mark and I have had some pretty cool conversations about all sorts of things. Every now and then he brings in a box of his personal books to look at. He had his ASM run the other day and man did he have some sweet stuff. He did shows in the late 80's and bought a lot off CBG. He still has records of what he paid for his books. I'll pull out a raw ASM 3....an 8.5 or better..... $ 80 in 1989 or something like that. He had a VF copy of FF 4.....$ 75 in 1986....stuff like that. If he gets in a collection he'll still check his runs to see if there is an upgrade......I think that's cool. I like supporting the LCS....I'll buy from them even if it's a little more than, say, eBay. We're lucky around here....we have several real nice shops in a 50 mile radius. GOD BLESS....