• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

15,880 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2024 at 5:15 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Thanks! It was THE best find I've ever had! It was a classified ad in the newspaper (those were the days!) and the woman who bought them all off the stands had them stored in those 3-inch-high 24 pack cardboard pop can trays, 2 stacks side by side. I actually had to outbid a rather well-to-do local lawyer who only wanted to cherry pick the collection. That didn't sit well with her, plus my offer was higher, so I got them. It's tough to remember all the specifics, but I DO remember the FF portion was #34, no #35 for some reason, then FF #36-#52 solid!!! Most of the collection got sold off when I switched focus to Golden Age in the late 90s, most except for the Spidey run, which I kept and still largely have, unless I upgraded some. The year after I had the #43 graded, I repeated the same process with the issue #32 below. I was likewise very happy with the result!!! 

Amazing Spider-Man 32 9.2 ow-w front.jpg

And where now are the women of yesteryear?

On 7/27/2024 at 8:18 PM, MattTheDuck said:

And where now are the women of yesteryear?

Well ... I'm not exactly sure how to answer that. I CAN say that I've noticed more women than ever buying comics at shows within the last few years. Women with want lists in hand, thumbing thru boxes, looking to fill in missing issues in their own collections. Back in the 90s, it seemed that most women in attendance were dragged there by the guy in their life.