• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

For those without a raw copy, HERE is a glorious house ad from Spidey #2! :headbang:  :banana:

20200606_205424.jpg

Thanks. I’ve never read a raw copy of this one.

With a cover date of May 1963, ASM #2 would have come out the same month as:

• FF #14
  • JIM #92 (10th Thor issue)
  • Strange Tales #108 (8th solo Human Torch issue, two before the debut of Doctor Strange)
  • TOS #41 (3rd Iron Man issue)
  • TTA #43 (9th issue with Ant Man in costume, and one before the Wasp's debut)

It would also have been the scheduled cover date for Hulk #7, but unfortunately his book had been canceled with #6.  He's the only one in Marvel's then-current pantheon not to be included in the ad.  He would next appear four months later in Avengers #1 (Sept. 1963 cover date).  The X-Men would make their debut that same month.

Daredevil #1 (April 1964 cover date) was still 11 months away, nothing but a twinkle in Stan's eye.

40 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

With a cover date of May 1963, ASM #2 would have come out the same month as:

• FF #14
  • JIM #92 (10th Thor issue)
  • Strange Tales #108 (8th solo Human Torch issue, two before the debut of Doctor Strange)
  • TOS #41 (3rd Iron Man issue)
  • TTA #43 (9th issue with Ant Man in costume, and one before the Wasp's debut)

It would also have been the scheduled cover date for Hulk #7, but unfortunately his book had been canceled with #6.  He's the only one in Marvel's then-current pantheon not to be included in the ad.  He would next appear four months later in Avengers #1 (Sept. 1963 cover date).  The X-Men would make their debut that same month.

Daredevil #1 (April 1964 cover date) was still 11 months away, nothing but a twinkle in Stan's eye.

I always find the timeline so interesting, in terms of when the heroes started to debut.

2 hours ago, DST said:

Here is a look at the current status of my linear ASM1-20 run:

ASM1-20.thumb.JPG.29910f33f5212a66686ffea13fe54350.JPG

For those that have been following my quest, I excluded the AF15, ST Ann 2, FF Ann 1, and ASM Annual 1 that I have just to display the actual 1-20 progress.

All that is missing now are 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12.  If any of you know of someone with a 5.0 white page copy of these issues please let me know. 

I'm either willing to pay a premium for them or I'm willing to offer an upgrade for free to a higher grade white page copy (see my WTB/WTT post) to get the specific grade I need. Thanks to anyone that can help(thumbsu

My 7 in 5.0 doesn’t have white pages. 😐 Sorry.

4 hours ago, DST said:

For those that have been following my quest, I excluded the AF15, ST Ann 2, FF Ann 1, and ASM Annual 1 that I have just to display the actual 1-20 progress.

All that is missing now are 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12.  If any of you know of someone with a 5.0 white page copy of these issues please let me know. 

I'm either willing to pay a premium for them or I'm willing to offer an upgrade for free to a higher grade white page copy (see my WTB/WTT post) to get the specific grade I need. Thanks to anyone that can help(thumbsu

That's a gorgeous display so far :applause:

11 hours ago, DST said:

This will be a thing of beauty when you complete it!

On 6/7/2020 at 5:12 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Indeed it is! I'd always read that Ditko is the one who changed the look from the round price to the corner box. 

Thats cool I didn't know that. So this face design was Ditko's idea? 

dontforgettolookfor-a29bf.jpg

Edited by MGsimba77