• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2021 at 12:39 PM, DST said:

I still don't have a 5.0 WP, so I may still want yours if that's indeed what it grades at (thumbsu

To sum up what @Math Teacher was explaining, here is a general rundown of the complex deal/trade I just completed:

• Found an ASM #7 CGC 4.5 WP (pressing candidate).  Owner would not sell directly, and would only trade for a 5.0/5.5 OWW or better copy. 
  • Joe had a 5.0 OWW copy that would fit the 4.5 WP owners criteria, but Joe would not sell directly either, but wanted an upgrade as well.
  • Found a 6.0 OWW copy, bought it, and traded it to Joe for his 5.0 OWW copy.
  • Now I just traded the 5.0 OWW copy for the 4.5 WP copy that will be arriving Friday.
  • Next stop for the 4.5 WP is to a press and then to CGC for Express tier grading.  :wishluck: it bumps to a 5.0 WP and completes my run.
  • If it doesn't hit on the 5.0 WP I'll be bothering @BoogieWoogie for their copy in 6 months if one doesn't pop up sooner(thumbsu

This is some impressive coordination by all parties...I hope it ends up being a win-win-win situation!

7 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

nice jimmy!

Thanks Billy Boy! I went on a Sig Series binge a while back. The one I'd want more than any other on a Spidey would, of course, be a Steve Ditko! Now THAT would be something to see!!! However, since that'll never happen, here's another Romita! I've always dug Doc Ock .... one of my top 3 favorite Spidey villains!!! 

Amazing Spider-Man 56 8.0 ow ss Romita front.jpg