• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, mosconi said:

I was also intrigued with the #51 9.0 going for over $1000.00 with sales tax factored in.  The first Kingpin cover is gaining bigger attention :cloud9:   

1st covers are now a thing (:

Very strong price for a 9.0

All things ASM continue to soar with no end in sight. As @Straw-Manjust said, upgrading is becoming next to impossible ??? 

11 hours ago, mosconi said:

Really impressive results!  I noticed the ASM 1 CGC 4.0 with Cream/Ow pages went for approximately $17500.00 with sales tax included! (worship)

sales tax only applies to states that have sales tax, fyi. granted, that's most of them, but not all. 

1 hour ago, alexgross.com said:

sales tax only applies to states that have sales tax, fyi. granted, that's most of them, but not all. 

That's a valid point.  If you happen to live in a sales tax free state (OR, NH, AK, DE, or MT) you have an advantage.  Here in California I have to calculate sales tax into every bid and purchase I make!  Gives me the more accurate sales figure for the book...

Edited by mosconi

I have often advocated an Internet sales tax that applies equally in all states. If I'm bidding against someone from Oregon, I'm at a distinct disadvantage. As an Iowan, I have to pay 7% sales tax, while an person from Oregon pays no sales tax. Also, I don't understand why I have to pay sales tax in Iowa if I buy a book from another state. The sale didn't actually occur in Iowa. It occured in the state where the book is located.

That one thing that sucks being a spidey fan. With prices going up all the time for books. Sure makes it hard to even get low grade of x books. And curse I still have 281 issues to go to have my full run. And that 281 issues are mostly 1 thru 399 range give or take books I do have in that range already.

I got issues #47-52 from the same seller/collector in 1994 and he told me then that he got them from an original owner collection. I was lucky to get those and a few other titles as well. They sold out pretty quickly at the local comic book convention that day.

Edited by pickycollector