• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2022 at 9:47 AM, Webhead2018 said:

Silly question I have. What was the last asm issue that was on news print type paper. Before book all went to the modern type of paper.

That might be a tough one, as I believe Marvel pivoted to coated paper for a while in the '90s then BACK to newsprint once the bubble burst. However, I think the truly last newsprint issue was early in the JMS/JRJR run. I only really know because I was recently flipping through some of the issues in maybe the 30s and was surprised to realize they were printed on uncoated paper.

Anyone tune in to the Heritage auction tonight? I might be wrong, but it looked like prices might be cooling down a little bit. I'm not super well-versed in price trends, though, so maybe I'm wrong. I'm wondering if someone who pays closer attention to things like that would be able to toss in their two cents.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:43 PM, Yale Stewart said:

Anyone tune in to the Heritage auction tonight? I might be wrong, but it looked like prices might be cooling down a little bit. I'm not super well-versed in price trends, though, so maybe I'm wrong. I'm wondering if someone who pays closer attention to things like that would be able to toss in their two cents.

nothing i was looking at went for "cool" money.  a dd 1 in 8.0 i was watching went for @23K, which seemed very strong to me.

On 1/31/2022 at 6:26 AM, Straw-Man said:

nothing i was looking at went for "cool" money.  a dd 1 in 8.0 i was watching went for @23K, which seemed very strong to me.

It seemed like the mid-grade early ASM books were going lower than I've been seeing. Not by a ton, but by at least a few hundred. A 5.0 #6 sold for $1350 including BP. I feel like I see people generally asking closer to $2K for that book in that grade lately.

On 1/31/2022 at 4:13 PM, Jordysnordy said:

I also love the cover of 41.

My old 9.4 is in great hands with @Sweet Lou 14 who is still laughing at the purchase/trade price lol

The 9.4 was also subbed by me and never pressed.

ASM 41 92.jpg

ASM41CGC.jpg

Yeah.  Wow.  lol

The price was definitely fair at the time -- but we are talking about 2018 which feels like a lifetime ago.  Pretty much anything I was lucky enough to acquire from 2017-2019, even early 2020, is looking like a genius move right now.

Anyway, THANK YOU. :banana:

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 1/31/2022 at 5:27 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Yeah.  Wow.  lol

The price was definitely fair at the time -- but we are talking about 2018 which feels like a lifetime ago.  Pretty much anything I was lucky enough to acquire from 2017-2019, even early 2020, is looking like a genius move right now.

Anyway, THANK YOU. :banana:

I should press my 9.2 to catch up 😂